Are there any "Gary Habermas" fans around here?

Are there any “Gary Habermas” fans around here?

2 Likes

Heck yeah! I love Gary. I have no idea what his views on science are (although I know he’s vaccinated), but he’s an incredible scholar. It was him who helped me get out of my doubting period last year. Because of him, I know about the disciples believing they encountered Jesus after His crucifixion. I suggested Habermas as a Language of God guest, and shortly after, they had NT Wright on the podcast, and they talked about all the stuff Gary would have talked about. It was really cool.

3 Likes

Where have I been, … under a rock? :grin:

I had seen his name but knew nothing about his work, until this last week when I started reading Nabil Qureshi’s autobiography, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity. They both speak highly of each other. From there, I’m treading new ground.

3 Likes

Just to ensure that you’re aware of Gary’s web page: Dr. Gary R. Habermas - Online Resources, Information, Media

1 Like

Oh yeah, mate. I used to email back and forth with Dr. Habermas.

3 Likes

So, Ben, … because your familiarity with Gary pre-dates mine quite a bit, I have a question. Have you ever seen or heard Gary use the letters “DDR” to refer to Jesus’ “Deity, Death, and Resurrection”. I heard him say just the letters two or three times, and thought it was interesting that he did so.

Yes, he uses those frequently.

1 Like

Gary Habermas is the gentleman’s gentleman, the Christian’s Christian. I’m a blip on his radar, yet he (do not quote me) is taking a brief look at parts of a book I am nearly done writing, Christian Cosmology. I am not worthy! Yet he asked to see what I had.
{{ The book argues that Genesis grandfathers in pagan elements such as earth [flat, motionless, held up by pillars above vast waters of the deep] and heavens or firmament [hard, contains the entire visible universe of sun, moon, and stars, yet above it sits eons-worth of rainwater, let down through gates. }}
A book doing a compare-and-contrast on Genesis vs. prior Semitic creation / theology stories brings these things into a bright light: “Origins – the Ancient Impact and Modern Implications of Genesis 1-11”
Authors: Paul Copan and Douglas Jacoby, Published: December 31 2020, Publisher: Morgan James FAITH. Great read, thorough, and comprehensive, small c.
Joel Hinrichs

2 Likes

No. I’m sure he’s a great guy, but he’s an apologete, so no.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.