Anticlimactic, but worth a read

And I hope allowable, since the election is all but over:

2 Likes

I hope you are right on both scores. We need to work on being less divided and quick to hostility.

1 Like

What an excellent article. I’m not young or urban, but I definitely fall into the Church Remnant category. My wife, on the other hand, must be a Regnant because she is ardent Trump supporter. I cringe every time I come home and see the Trump 2020 sign she planted in our front yard, and she shook her head when I cast my vote for the Libertarian candidate. However, we love each other and we will not allow this election to come between us.

5 Likes

Thank you for the article from Christianity Today. It is very much on time in time, because there is much healing that needs to take place.

Yes, there needs to be love and respect for everyone, but that does not mean that everyone is right. The Pharisees in the time of Jesus were Regnant, while Jesus, despite being the King of Kings was Remnant. Jesus was right then and right today.

If salvation is following a set of rules and seeing that others do too, then Christians would be Legalists and not significantly different from the the Pharisees of the time of Jesus. Trump is telling people what they want to hear. He is tickling their ears, so to speak, so they will do what he wants them to do which is to lionize him. As far as possible we need to speak God’s truth.

1 Like

Christ has won. He is King. As God has said, “I have installed my King on Zion, my holy mountain”. Nations and rulers rise and fall but Christ abids, His Kingdom is now and forever more. Christ is King! I put no confidence in man, my help comes from the Lord. Those who trust in the arm of the flesh or the power of man are foolish, they build their house on sand. My trust is in the Lord, the maker of Heaven and earth.
Christ is everything, put all your trust in Him.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.