Wondering how advancing years and the accumulating evidence that decrepitude will move into our bodies more and more affects Christians differently than it might someone with a less settled outlook

Where? Not to me, you didn’t.

Your silence is a great answer, thank you.

In the post you replied to. It wasn’t addressed to you but by replying to the post you imply that you actually read the post.

Yes. Silence is indeed likely the best answer I can make to you. I have a lot to learn.

Or anyone else. :grin:

I pore over your every word. :grin: And providing a link would be polite if you had actually said it.

Of course he can, but in the context, what we were talking about.

The point being, you did not say that, and you were indicating the opposite.

When I was young I didn’t think much about death. But now that I am older and wiser by the indwelling of God’s Spirit, I see this life for what it is. In itself, without love for the Father it is vanity, absolutely useless. I came into this world with nothing and I will leave it with nothing. To hold on to this existence and to not love the Father and the Son is pointless. So what that you have memories, fun, good family relationships ect. When you leave this life you leave it all behind. Who cares if people think highly or kindly about you, your gone and will stand before the Son of God to be judged. Did you love Him who gave His life to save you from sin and condemning judgment or did you love yourself. Did you reject His mercy, kindness and love so you could hold onto your own life.

An older person should have gained wisdom, they should be able to see and understand all the wicked things they thought, said and did and that their must be justice for these actions. And no amount of good deeds can get rid of the wicked things they have done. Something has to be done about their wickedness and lack of love for God. But I have encountered multitudes of wicked, God denying, godless, self centered older people in my life. Without any concern about righteous judgment. They will enter into death with the weight of all their evil deeds laying heavy on them. The have made a compact with death. thinking it will be the end and their will be no retribution for their godless life.
Oh wicked, foolish people. If they are offended in this life they cry out for justice, but they don’t think that God will execute His justice on them. Are they more righteous than God?

Older people should be wise in their old age. But wisdom only comes through the fear of the Lord.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.