Wondering how advancing years and the accumulating evidence that decrepitude will move into our bodies more and more affects Christians differently than it might someone with a less settled outlook

Then maybe you don’t believe in the God of the Bible and have your own imaginary one?

We are… Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:20

The rest of your argument is merely a red herring. Sorry.

Would there be any interest in a thread om What is the Gospel? How the death and resurrection of Jesus affects mankind.
I believe our interactions here are important to the OP but it may be best to start a new thread.
I get so heavy burdened with the knowledge that the whole world lyes under the power of the wicked one and that those who do not love the Father and the Son are slaves to sin, that it compels me to proclaim the good news about the cross of Christ to those I come in contact with daily. Freedom from sin is good news indeed.
In knowing, understanding and believing what Jesus did in His cross is liberty and essential to knowing both the Father and the Son.
It is not my intent to debate for the sake of debate. The purpose is to know Christ and the Gospel for in it is the power of God to salvation, as the apostle stated.
Give this post a heart if your interested.

1 Like

Good idea. Can’t hurt.

This doesn’t go along exactly with your statement but it does show that believers need to be reminded about some things. Much of the apostles writings are for this very purpose, either to remind or instruct believers in the way of Christ.

Gal 3:1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? 4 Have you suffered so much for nothing — if it really was for nothing? 5 Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard? 6 Consider Abraham: “He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” 7 Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham.

We have already done that with you Cody.

True. Lets do it again. Part 2.

It is true that those who are Born Again by the Father’s will are His ambassadors, we are the body of Christ and therefore we proclaim the Word of God. The world needs to hear the good news of salvation from sin and condemnation. If I try to stay silent, the Spirit rises up in me and compells me to give the message of the cross of Christ to those I come in contact with. If we who love Him dont proclaim it, who will. Go into all the world and preach the gospel is a command and the will of the Father. We who know Jesus, know the way of salvation.

If @Ralphie or any others are interested, then I recommend starting up a private message thread with specifically those who express interest in hearing from you Cody. And that would afford you the further advantage of not even needing to worry about moderation. You could speak at length about whatever you wanted!

But the public threads here aren’t really the place to start up a salvific Bible study. Most people here have read the entire Bible. Probably many times. And in any cases there are probably other places on the net that invite preaching. This forum remains a place for those interested in our modern interactions with faith and Bible - especially where science engages with it all.

I believe in the God I discovered in the Bible.

But no, I don’t believe in the God taught by many people using the Bible… including the one taught by Jim Jones, the Nazis, Ken Ham, and many many more…

The rest of your post is merely a red herring.

I believe that Paul was speaking for God and passing along a mandate echoing the Great Commission, and that and we are included in his ‘we’ to speak for God.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

1Peter 2:9

What do priests do? They speak for God.

I have little doubt that made up gods need priests to speak for them.

The God I believe in does not. He may use people to speak, a child or a criminal as much as any priest. And I believe God wrote the Bible using people, nations, and history as His writing instruments. But no. I do not believe that any man ever spoke for God. Perhaps you cannot see the difference. But I do.

Good priests and pastors know they do not speak for God, but I am sure they hope that God may use them to speak to people. Those who imagine they speak for God have started down the road to Jim Jones.

Then your God is not the God of the Bible, plain and simple. Do I need to provide citations? Anyone who has read through the Bible knows that God used priests, that Jesus is the great High Priest, and that we are called to be priests, as I just cited.

Good priests and pastors know that they do speak for God, and they know what ambassadors are, too. I should have known better than to engage with your endless equivocations.

To clarify, I didn’t ask you to repeat anything. You weren’t sure where I was coming from so I directed you to the relevant verses as a reminder what we had been discussing. I agree with you that salvation is a gift from God. I believe to benefit from that incredible free gift, I must make a decision to receive it. It is a gift offerred to all. Many reject it. If we don’t take hold of it, we don’t receive salvation. See what I mean?

I horde gifts that come my way

This Christian who is 64 and is feeling the affects of this decaying body, has his thoughts set on seeing Jesus and being able to hear the Father say His own name.
The anticipation of seeing the Father and the Son and falling down before them and crying out with all the saints and angels, Holy, Holy Holy to Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb. And thanking Jesus for shedding His blood in my place and becoming sin for me and rising from death and thanking the Father for giving me a new birth and causing me to be a new creation created in His righteousness. And looking forward to live forever in their presence with no sin anywhere in their kingdom.
That is what I am thinking about and longing for.

Sounds like a good test to avoid the churches with made up gods for using religion as a tool of power and manipulation. I shall have to remember to ask a priest or pastor that question, when I visit a church.

Of course you ignored the fact that I said myself that God uses priests. You are indeed wasting your time trying to get me to believe your lies.

Not the God of your understanding of the Bible, that is for sure! No surprise there really.

1 Like

Please explain the thread on the topic of, The transmission of original sin. Is this not a bible study? Thanks.
The good news of Jesus is connected to every discussion believers have, Jesus is our life.