Why I've learned to avoid the term 'God'

And a happy new year to you, as well! :slightly_smiling_face:

I didn’t know that I asked a question. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not sure “which means a complex one” necessarily follows, especially within the Trinity. Interdependent and two-way (if not Three-way) is an apt description of the mutually shared love within the Trinity.

I don’t follow that at all. God the Father does not love the Son?! He is the Original Loving Father, the Prototype, if you will.

I have posted this at BL before, I believe, but you may not have crossed metaphorical paths with it :slightly_smiling_face::

2 Likes

God is Love, Just and Holy.

Happy New Year.

2 Likes

Roger: “God is Love, because God is Trinity.”

Roger: “God does not have to love, because love is a choice.”

1. God is Trinity, Three and One. The Trinity is contradictory or is a paradox. Therefore we can say that God is contradictory, but so what? That is Who God Is.
  2. I have a problem with those, and they are many, who seek to elimination the paradox from the Trinity by saying that God has a Head, and God’s Head is Simple. While I recognize the theologians use the God Head to try to reconcile philosophy with the Trinity, so they mean well, but they cannot do that. The Trinity cannot be compromised. If God has a Head, then God also has a Body.
  3. What do you mean by you “don’t think love is a choice within the Trinity?” If you are saying that God must love because God is God, that cannot be true because humans are unable to judge God. I would agree that God does love, but how can we say that God has no choice, because God can do whatever God chooses to do?
  4. Not every one of God’s creatures can love. Those who are not people co not love and do not hate, because they cannot think like we can. Creatures like dogs can give affection and receive affection, but they do not love. This is because love is more complex than affection and lasts forever. Only God and humans created in the image of God can love because they are both triune beings.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.