Why did God become man?

It was a test of HIs strength of faith and virtue, this is our test also.

Our faith and virtue is based on our relationship to God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and not to Satan.

Dear Roger,
I never said faith and virtue were based on Satan. It is Satan that keeps us away from our goal though. Without knowledge of good and evil, how Satan works, many people get tripped up in their relationship with God by Satan.
Best Wishes, Shawn

1 Like

Welcome, @cnalleyjr. Good and relevant quotes here. I’m curious–which version are you using?

Jesus is God’s son. Adam lost his perfect life because he broke God’s commandment. Another perfect life had to take the place of Adam’s, but without corruption
 God sent his only-begotten son through whom all things were made. That is why the sacrifice is so special, just read proverbs 8:22-31, it tells of a Master Worker who was with God since the beginning just as it is written in Colossians 1:15 and Hebrews 1:6, just to name two

New world translation

I agree 100% that Jesus existed from the beginning, before the creation of the Universe and before the creation of the angels - that all was made through Him. What I take grave issue with is that God offered a blood sacrifice to Himself with His Son. It is only the god of the dead that requires blood sacrifice, not the Father who requires spiritual sacrifice - “sell all your [material] goods and follow Me [in spirit].”

Jesus came, not only as a sacrifice, but really he came to explain God, and to condemn satan by remaining true to his God and Father under test
 even to death.

One problem
 God is immortal and therefore cannot die. Also he cannot lie. 1 Corinthians 15

Hi, Cnalleyjr; I’ll chime in here and also welcome you to the forum - and also share this tip.

You’ve been posting images of scripture passages which makes it hard for people to extract quotes and construct replies (not to mention some of them are an unwieldy size). You can easily find scriptural text to copy and paste (as text) from sites such as Biblegateway.com which has many versions to choose from (though not perhaps the one you’ve been using.)

Also, feel free to narrow down the passages to specific verses you are putting forward as key. Shorter posts tend to attract more reading than long blocks of pasted text.

But in any case, thanks for sharing your thoughts and joining the conversation.

-Merv

Thanks. Noted👍

No. Biblegateway doesn’t have the new world translation but I found a Jehovah Witnesses site pretty easily where you can search, cut, and paste from their rewritten version of the Bible.

Judging by what I’ve seen, Jesus, according to the idea of the hypostatic Union, had two natures, divine and human. The human part (supposedly) was the part that died

Though I am not a Christian, I could only be a trinitarian if I was. One is hermeneutical lay bound to interpret John 1:3, Colossians 1:16 and other verses in a trinitarian way if they want to avoid polytheism, and contradiction of Genesis 1

In addition to what @Mervin_Bitikofer says about quotes, please tell us where these quotes come from. The bibles that I look at say nothing of God sending His Son a sacrifice. As I said, the practice of blood sacrifice is pagan idol worship and not Christian.

I’m almost scared to ask, but what Bible are you reading that doesn’t describe Jesus being offered as a blood sacrifice?

• This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.(Matt 26:28 NIV)

• God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—(Rom 3:25 NIV)

• Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!(Rom 5:9 NIV)

• In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace(Eph 1:7 NIV)

• just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.(Eph 5:2 NIV)

• and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.(Col 1:20 NIV)

• Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself.(Heb 7:27 NIV)

• Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,(Heb 10:19 NIV)

• But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.(Heb 9:26 NIV)

• And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.(Heb 10:10 NIV)

• For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.(1 Pet 1:18–19 NIV)

• But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.(1 John 1:7 NIV)

• He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.(1 John 2:2 NIV)

• To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,(Rev 1:5 NIV)

• And they sang a new song: ¶ “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. (Rev 5:9 NIV)

3 Likes

Welcome, @cralleyjr.

The topic of this blog is "Why did God become man?’ Because you used the Jehovah’s Witnesses Bible it would appear that you are one. However it is my understanding that JWs do not believe that Jesus is God. I know that they do not accept the Trinity. Am I mistaken?

So do you believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (Logos,) and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Right or wrong?

Their Bible version (NWT) of John 1:1 is as follows

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

This is to better fit the Arianism teaching that Jesus was god-like created being – the first creation of God. But, truth be told, even their altered version of John 1:1 doesn’t really agree with this.

It seems I may be the lone Catholic here
 but where does the woman, the Mother of God fit into the plan?

And, this curious scripture has always intrigued me: Gen 3:22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.

I’ve always wondered if God the Father shared in culpability by putting the tree in the garden, in front of Adam & Eve? Thus the Lord accepting His part in revealing the ugly truth. As bad as Evil is, it’s still part of the Truth! And the last part of the above scripture (Gen 3:22) seems to point to Jesus on the cross, and the “Bread of Life”?

Did we steal from God in the Garden? Was the Tree of Knowledge God’s knowledge? And He was trying to protect us? Interesting concept?

It also seems obvious that ONLY God could reverse His curse on man of, sin and death: “but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.” We had no way to redeem ourselves, or take back what we did. And we’ll sin again and again, and AGAIN! We can’t be PERFECT! We “know” too much!!!

But we can Love. And we can repent. And we can, “eat of the tree of Life”, and live again! Amen