Why accept consensus as reality?

Dude, why do you think you know me?
You send me a link to your question on some fossilized evidence that YEC cannot answer. And you then pester me to answer it?

I can pretend I know you and say that you’re just annoyed that no YEC is responding to your carefully planned gotcha question you laid out for them. So you’re hunting for people to respond so you don’t lose that gotcha moment in the discussion. But I don’t know you.

I do know me and told you about me but you still seem to think I’m a young earth proponent. I am not YEC.

But I also don’t go after people just because I don’t agree with them. Discussing what is true with one who denies it should be done. But for a little advice - a YEC is not a YEC because of science. They are a YEC because of their understanding of the Bible. Trying to show science doesn’t support a young Earth can’t change that. And although trying to show them that their understanding of Genesis is not the only valid one will also probably be useless, it will probably be the one best able to help the person who is being honest with themselves.

We live in a world where things move.

What bastardization of science? What belief?

What a very strangely constructed sentence. I agree completely. Why do you do it then? Why the compulsion to project?

The natural world is all we know. I have no beliefs that are relevant. And it’s naturally. There can be no empirical evidence of Hadean abiogenesis. None . is . needed. Just reason beyond the limitations of empiricism. As with the universe being utterly insignificant by the rationality from SCIENCE of Kolmogorov complexity. Just like the rational extension of strong uniformitarianism from mere geology. Why do you keep twisting my simple, honest, rational, exposition of my thinking processes? Through your twisted lens? I KNOW nature is eternal, God or no. I KNOW that nature explains nature, whether we can understand it or not. No faith, no substance of things hoped for, and certainly no arbitrary mere belief, is involved. I yearn for faith, ask for faith, want faith, desire faith. But I can’t make it up. I have no faith

Rationality isn’t faith. I have faith in rationality. That is not religion. Beyond rationality, as nature easily, quickly goes beyond it, there is ineffable Haldanian strangeness. So my faith goes as far as rationality goes. You are short circuiting rationality and going beyond eternal ineffable strangeness to absurdity.

Stop . twisting . my . words. If you can. But you can’t. It’s all right mate. I understand. I forgive you. Nothing to forgive. Your epistemology is burnt beyond recognition.

I am duly chastened.

If you said you weren’t a YEC, I missed it with all of the other noise in your topic.

No problem. I didn’t clearly say not YEC to you. I wanted to be more exact yet terse when I said the below.

I thought that would be clear that I’m looking to the empirical evidence and not looking any belief system like how does it match the Bible.

I believe the Bible is true and that it is not a science book just like a dog is not a cat. The only way to see how the Watchmaker made the watch to work is to look at the watch.

Do you have any links on this? I’d like to look at it a bit to understand it more. Or at least add it to my long list of things to look into :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.