Why a Designer?

What is your conflicting scientific theory to evolution? It cannot be theistic evolution, because you admit that it is not science.

That is not the point. The point is that evolution is not a fact by any other understanding.

Please do.

Richard

The point is, you understand neither the science nor the philosophy.

I’m still glad you want to and should include God, but you are making the above mistakes in doing it, wanting ’poofing’ where you shouldn’t, and leaving out God’s sovereign providence where it should be admitted.

1 Like

We have different perspectives. That does not give you the right to claim superiority over me. I am not making any mistakes. I have claimed that you are, so I guess we are even.

Wha I am saying, and you are not seeing is

You see God in scientific evoltion but the rest of the world does not. By claiming evolution as a fact you are shutting God out,in the eyes of anyone who cannot see God in scientific evolution

Richard

Ah yes … that old chestnut.

That’s pretty funny, and Maggie just had a streak of good luck, shutting God out. I claim her ‘lottery wins’ as fact just like I do evolution. I’m sorry you aren’t grasping God’s providence willingly.

What a compelling counterargument! Wow! :grin:

Only in the wonderful world of evolution science can consensus turn a theory into a fact. Fascinating.

1 Like

What does Tiktaalik prove?

Speaking of old chestnuts, that was vapid before the first one.

I’m not fascinated by your fascination, but it also happens in physics.

That you qualify as a genuine @Richard wannabe.

Good point, Richard. The danger is that the theory of evolution can be interpreted as “Life did not need a Creator since it’s the result of an understood natural process.” I’ve encountered several former Christians online who lost their faith precisely due to that interpretation.
I also recall a Catholic nun back in the 1970s telling us, “They lied to us. They said we were created, but we evolved” … a few years later she left her Order.

It’s interesting that the vast majority of evolutionary scientists are atheists … who want all of us to accept their theory as fact.
The late William B. Provine stated, “Evolution is the greatest engine of atheism ever invented.”

I’m fascinated that you’re not fascinated by my fascination.

No matter how desperately you want to believe it, it’s impossible for ToE to become a fact.

I agree … I will never be as intelligent and sensible as RichardG.

1 Like

The problem is that some Christians who are scientists do not see it. They have managed to combine their faith into evolution. They then assume that all Christians do the same.

I have seen evolution wreck faith. In many ways YEC is less dangerous. The problem with YEC is that science works against it. Fortunately most YECs can mentally dismiss this.

I have argued against YEC but it can damage an otherwise strong faith.

I have more problems with scientists who claim a Christian viewpoint. They look at my criticisms of evolution as a personal affront to their scientific work.

And, of course, some make it their mission to discredit me (mentioning no names)

Richard

I know what you mean.

“Your problem, Richard, is that you don’t understand how evolution works”, for example?

1 Like

Sigh,

Yes

Better not go there.

Richard

1 Like

What you need to do, Richard, is read a good evolution textbook, then all your doubts will disappear and you’ll become a true (Darwinian) believer. I mean, just look how well that works for all those biology graduates. LOL.

1 Like

It seems that I don’t know how evolution works. How did evolution produce the hollow fangs of a venomous snake? How did evolution produce the poison gland of a venomous snake? How did evolution connect said poison gland to said hollow fangs?

:slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, my College qualifications are 40 years out of date.

Science has adapted to the criticisms and evolved a stronger response to them

Richard

1 Like