Who or what is baphomet?

There is essentially no evidence that he ever existed. There is like references to him. Some building was built and said in the honor of a saint and something mentions him in 500ad that he was part of a council in the 200s but not a single person or thing from that council ever mentions him. Then there is the issue of two different men separated by a few centuries being confused for which one is he based off of since their stories ws merged. There is literally more evidence for Bigfoot from the 90s than centuries for these other probably fictional men.

Then again, maybe no bishops ever existed. The church made everything up.

I guess you can jump from one extreme to the next. I just prefer to realize what I do and don’t know about a subject and despite being told by others without proof this or that happened I like to look at the evidence for myself. What is the evidence that this or that bishop live. Was it a bishop from 600ad and historians mention him several times and does it say things like he helped the widows or does it say something like one or two people mention some dude hundreds of years after the fact and the things they mention him being connected with has no record of him and he did things like raise the dead and fly around and over time his celebration overtook pagan worship of the time. Maybe I’ll be a bit skeptical about it.

I met a guy who thinks Zeus existed. Not as a god but as a king. He was a emperor of ancient days who was a Great War leader. His evidence was a quote “ all myths have their base in reality “ and that there was temples made for him. We have physical structures saying he was worshipped here and we have random tales of him intervening in people lives and so he thinks Zeus was a warrior king…

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.