Who Cares? Why?

I like the way you said this!

1 Like

The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours out speech,
and night to night reveals knowledge.

Psalm 19:1-2

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

If we could peer back into time, we could watch GODMAN live and move around, talk and interact and we would be watching the God of the universe.
There are many things I’d like to do and to experience before I graduate to the next dimension, but time is running out and I can’t do all of them. But, if I could literally watch Him as He was was 2,000 years ago, I would be overwhelmed, overflowing with wonder at all that life has to offer. Just a wordy way of saying: He is too amazing. Being with Him, knowing Him, is by far the most exquisite thing ever. Nothing compares. The next best thing would be to influence someone else to find out Who He is for themselves.

We can learn about the NT, study it inside and out, devote our lives to examine in the finest detail everything about the history and the literary value and the forms used to describe him, the excruciating minutiae of all things concerning the information germane to this topic, and walk away without the faintest hint Who He really is.

Someone on Bios said, “Yea, but not everyone has an experience like you did.”
But, they can. He is the same God. The initial outpouring of Himself may be more confined, much more gradual than a burst of His Spirit on someone, yet, as we walk with Him and search for him and follow him and yield more of ourselves to Him, the sense of joy and wonder and beauty will be just as real and powerful.

It is true, people are without excuse. No one will stand before Jesus at the judgement and be able to say, “But God, no one could prove that you existed through science. How could I know you were real.”
Then God will say, “Depart from me you evil doer”. And they will be cast into the Lake of Fire. Today is the day of salvation, grab ahold of Jesus now.

Modern man has honored himself with the ability to know how God should behave. If He disobeys our commandments, He’s out.
He holds our lives in the palm of his hands. We live at his sole discretion. He created the whole ball of wax and what He says goes, even if I disagree bitterly. (That is so yesterday!)
Our view of God has nothing to do with his magnificence, his sovereignty, or the mystery of his otherliness anymore. We know best and He must answer to us. We owe him zilch, so modern thinking goes.

Oh - but Cody! The scriptures don’t have God addressing the “doubters” when he says that. It’s the folks who’ve been casting out demons, prophecying, and doing miracles in His name. These are not people who could be bothered with anything less than totally confident certainty! You can be sure that they were enthusiastically full of all the scriptural knowledge and doctrinal affirmations that you could wish.

4 Likes

Rev 15:20 Says everyone whose name was not written in the book of life was thrown in the lake of fire. So those who lived in God’s creation and should know He is but chose not to trust, love and obey Him will end up there. All are without excuse.

As people try to figure out Who Jesus is, it helps to get some perspective on the guy.
There’s never been anyone like him in the history of the world. I mean, He is radically different.
Just look at what He said and did. Pretend you never heard of him before. You know nothing about him. How does He strike you?

When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. 17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

If I give a cup of cold water to someone out of love and servanthood, I am washing their feet

The reality is this: If He wasn’t God, we would never have heard of Him.
Instead, look at the intensity of the debates that rage about him even after He died 2,000 years ago. Look, too, at the testimonies of people from all over the world today who are overwhelmed by his presence in their lives.
Ladies and gentlemen, I submit this is of utmost significance. Jesus is alive! He lives! Right Now!

Yes the children of God are growing up. The human sacrifice gods of the Mayans and Aztecs simply will not cut it any more.

Well at least we can hope that “blood thirsty” Xtians don’t manage to resurrect a religion like this… kind of like the way they managed to resurrect slavery in America after it had been abolished in Europe. I am reminded of that Stephen King movie “The Mist” where some lady decides they need a human sacrifice of child to make the monsters go away. I frankly found that more scary than the monsters in the movie. We would hope that such a thing wouldn’t really happen, but not everyone is so sure that it wouldn’t.

You need to turn away from your ignorant, lack of knowledge about the cross of Christ.

As Paul stated which he received directly from Jesus. “I will only glory in the cross of Christ, for through it I Have (past tense, completed act) died to the world”.
“I WAS (past tense) crucified with Christ, never the less I live”.

For quite awhile Christians were despised for their immorality: they drank blood and ate human flesh.

I could have held the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords in one hand. Tiny, breathing, crying, helpless, the God of the universe, in one hand, whom we touched and heard and saw with our own two eyes, Who was from before the beginning, The Word of God, God Himself. That your joy may be full to overflowing.

And, you would not. Jesus wept.

And we have a propensity to make Him out to be anything but Christ. Theories about his true identity abound. No shortage of opinions. It is amazing to me the lengths we go to in order not to see him as the NT portrays him. It is astonishing how much work and creativity and faith are required to wind up with these contortions that resemble nothing like the One described.

That’s just it, coach used to say. If He wasn’t who they claimed He was, He would have been exposed by now. If anything, examination of every facet of of every detail about him is put through the ringer more than ever before.
If Jesus was not God, we would know it. Sure as shooting. No question. What’s so amazing is that no one seems to realize that. Just the mere fact that his life is scrutinized by so many top notch scholars and intellectuals is by itself abundant proof that He wasn’t just Joe Schmoe and the chances are excellent He was GOD Almighty. Jesus.

No one else could string em along. Something terribly awful about this One. Killed him good and He’s evermore.

The day that they killed him, someone said to me, “Son
The age of the Antichrist has just only begun”
Air Force One comin’ in through the gate
Johnson sworn in at 2:38 robert zimmerman

He is brought into the mix of the most awful events.
Hanging by a thread
Naked and alone.
Who broke your jaw, King of the Jews?
Tell us real quick.
We know it’s a trick.
Time you got yours, boy.
We been waitin for just such an occasion
to beat you half dead
what a sensation
Come on Herod
Come see your King
He’ll put on a show
Your sins washed white as snow
Come on Jesus
Let’s see what you got.
This ain’t the right time?
We thought not
Go die now child
You nuthin
You nobody
You fool on a hill
How easy to kill
not even a thrill

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.