Who Cares? Why?

Hold on just a minute. R u sure? Psychology is a science and I believe we can apply principles of psycholgy that yield scientific evidence that He was God.

Forgive me Bio, but I have to say, Simone Biles, you are a champion through and through. You are one of the most sensational, remarkable, talented and humble athletes in the history of the world. Stand tall, kiddo. We are extremely proud of you. You don’t have to compete one more time. You have proven what you are over and over. Thanks for the Show. Absolutely amazing!

Yes.

I do not.

Well now, that is fascinating. What convinces you that there cannot be any scientific evidence that Jesus was God?

I don’t believe in a God which can be isolated, measured, dissected, or controlled. Any such so called evidence would only convince me that Jesus was an alien and not God after all.

Frankly I don’t think you are really talking about scientific evidence. I think you are talking about rhetoric which seeks to appropriate scientific terminology and results for its conclusions – in other words, pseudoscience.

1 Like

Truth about God couldn’t isolate, measure, dissect or control God. Truth about God can only glorify him. Truth about God can only serve to magnify his greatness. How can God be controlled? Evidence that God is adorns the universe. God doesn’t hide who He is. God isn’t ashamed of himself.

God does not want his existence to be scientifically provable.

Why there is no proof of God

That’s a pity because life is teeming with proof that God is.

There is plenty of evidence pointing to the existence of God, but there is no scientific proof. There is a distinction to be made, and the source of a common mistake.

The heavens declare the glory of God,
    and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours out speech,
    and night to night reveals knowledge.

Psalm 19:1-2

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

“The Lord God is subtle, but malicious he is not." Einstein

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.

Even Saul/Paul. Don’t be surprised boys when you will sacrifice your lives for me. Part of the plan. Excuse me, Jesus, but what in the world are you talking about? We are about to establish your kingdom on earth. You are the messiah. Are you saying we will die in battle to set you on your throne?

Einstein was not a theist. He used the word “God” as a synonym for nature.

Remark made during Einstein’s first visit to Princeton University (April 1921) as quoted in Einstein (1973) by R. W. Clark, Ch. 14. “God is slick, but he ain’t mean” is a variant translation of this (1946) Unsourced variant: “God is subtle but he is not malicious.”

When asked what he meant by this he replied. “Nature hides her secret because of her essential loftiness, but not by means of ruse.” (Die Natur verbirgt ihr Geheimnis durch die Erhabenheit ihres Wesens, aber nicht durch List.) As quoted in Subtle is the Lord — The Science and the Life of Albert Einstein (1982) by Abraham Pais einsteinandreligion.com Einstein's Faith

Source: Albert Einstein quote: “Subtle is the Lord, but malicious He is not.”

I guess the answer to my question, “Who cares?” and “Why?” doesn’t generate much interest. Perhaps because I’m an outsider, I haven’t gotten over the fascination with the reality that God is and that we, I, anyone, can actually know him, speak to him and be heard by him. That he cares about us and knows us thoroughly and wants intimacy with us.

This man/God who claimed to be God and God’s son, if He is who they quoted him to be, is the most incredible person who ever lived.

Subjective evidence only, which means people see very different things when they look at the universe. This is perfectly obvious in the religious diversity of mankind.

Nor does God force Himself on everyone.

Nor is He insecure that He must have everyone acknowledge and pay attention to Him.

And this is why Jesus Christ is the coolest Being ever: You, yes You, can discover for yourself if He is the Great I Am. On your own you can ask him in no uncertain terms, Are You the very Son of God? If you come to know Him, you will be knowing God Himself. Millions upon millions have come to know Jesus through receiving him. He is different than you imagine, too, I can almost guarantee it because no matter what you think, He is greater, more wonderful, more tender hearted, and more beautiful. He is not from this planet. He popped by briefly, held up a mirror, showed us what we are like compared to him. It isn’t pretty. And then He invites us to partake in Who He is.

1 Like

I like the way you said this!

1 Like

The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours out speech,
and night to night reveals knowledge.

Psalm 19:1-2

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities – his eternal power and divine nature – have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Romans 1:20

If we could peer back into time, we could watch GODMAN live and move around, talk and interact and we would be watching the God of the universe.
There are many things I’d like to do and to experience before I graduate to the next dimension, but time is running out and I can’t do all of them. But, if I could literally watch Him as He was was 2,000 years ago, I would be overwhelmed, overflowing with wonder at all that life has to offer. Just a wordy way of saying: He is too amazing. Being with Him, knowing Him, is by far the most exquisite thing ever. Nothing compares. The next best thing would be to influence someone else to find out Who He is for themselves.

We can learn about the NT, study it inside and out, devote our lives to examine in the finest detail everything about the history and the literary value and the forms used to describe him, the excruciating minutiae of all things concerning the information germane to this topic, and walk away without the faintest hint Who He really is.

Someone on Bios said, “Yea, but not everyone has an experience like you did.”
But, they can. He is the same God. The initial outpouring of Himself may be more confined, much more gradual than a burst of His Spirit on someone, yet, as we walk with Him and search for him and follow him and yield more of ourselves to Him, the sense of joy and wonder and beauty will be just as real and powerful.

It is true, people are without excuse. No one will stand before Jesus at the judgement and be able to say, “But God, no one could prove that you existed through science. How could I know you were real.”
Then God will say, “Depart from me you evil doer”. And they will be cast into the Lake of Fire. Today is the day of salvation, grab ahold of Jesus now.

Modern man has honored himself with the ability to know how God should behave. If He disobeys our commandments, He’s out.
He holds our lives in the palm of his hands. We live at his sole discretion. He created the whole ball of wax and what He says goes, even if I disagree bitterly. (That is so yesterday!)
Our view of God has nothing to do with his magnificence, his sovereignty, or the mystery of his otherliness anymore. We know best and He must answer to us. We owe him zilch, so modern thinking goes.

Oh - but Cody! The scriptures don’t have God addressing the “doubters” when he says that. It’s the folks who’ve been casting out demons, prophecying, and doing miracles in His name. These are not people who could be bothered with anything less than totally confident certainty! You can be sure that they were enthusiastically full of all the scriptural knowledge and doctrinal affirmations that you could wish.

4 Likes