When did Adam Live? Part 3-Genetics

Don’t be so sure Bill. I think I will surprise you about that brass and iron stuff. I you haven’t learned by now, I don’t do orthodox thinking. I’m not much of a follower, I try to dig dig dig. before making up my mind.

Gbrook9, My point was merely that one couldn’t rigidly say that the genealogies have no gaps. I am not sure what your point is, as a polemic against mine. Do I think there are euphemisms in language, yes, I do. But if you think that the use of Yalad say, with Joseph speaking about his great great grandkids, doesn’t require a gap in there, then, gee, I need to send a book on the birds and bees to you. lol

If you Yalad a tribe, you are the ANCESTOR of the tribe not their direct father. And that makes my point.

To say that the genealogies have gaps is conformation bias or begging the question. There is no evidence which demonstrates that the genealogies have gaps. I believe that the earth is younger therefore I have no problem harmonizing the genealogies with the biblical timeline, but if you believe that the earth is a lot older, then you have to believe that the genealogies have gaps. Such a notion is not based on scriptural authority but man’s authority.

I have known that since day one. And what about Adam and agriculture? I know you have a super long blog on that one. :wink:

Not necessarily. Consider the genealogy, a true one, Jesus son of David. Or another one, Jesus Son of Man. Since Adham means, well, ‘Man’, that too might be a very true but very long gapped genealogy.

Further, ethnological studies say this happens often:
W. F. Albright says concerning genealogies: 'Ancient and modern Arab genealogies, together with similar examples from Rhodesia, Hawaii, as well as from many other places, ususally start with the putative ancestors of the clan,. After several generations there are long gaps followed by the latest ten generations or so–the generations in between are omitted without explanation. Historical analogy suggests that the same may be true of the Biblical genealogies.” ~ E.K. Victor Pearce, Who was Adam? (Exeter: The Paternoster Press, Ltd., 1969), p. 33

I looked up Albright’s bio. WILLIAM FOXWELL ALBRIGHT PH. D., UTT. D., D. H. L., TH. D. Utrecht W. W. Spcnce Profeser of Semitic Languages in the Johns Hopkins University Sometime Director of the American School of Oriental Research in Jerusalem BALTIMORE THE JOHNS HOPKINS PRESS 1940

Perchance failure to understand that there are gaps is due to uncritical acceptance of the current zeitgeist? Just something to consider.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.