What might be the spiritual origins of YEC?

Its long been said that Japan and China are only good at
imitating. One can give thought to where these ideas come from,
why its a popular belief.

To my point : While American fundamentalists may well become
dentists, engineers, and otherwise educated professionals, they
are quite rare as scientists, I believe.

In the event, my reference was not just to China.
There’s India, and a whole lot of other smart ambitious
and scary- hard working people “over there”.

Fundamentalist anti intellectualism is far from the only
self- indulgent weakness in America.
I want USA to be strong prosperous and to stand for its ideals,
I am not really criticizing so much as pleading with you guys to
WAKE UP to the peril you are in!

I’m an olllld Brit. We’re America’s poodle. Because it suits our capitalist ruling class. The only way to strength and prosperity is the ideal for the many, not the few. Is from the bottom up. Is in taxing wealth. Globally. Is in waging war peacefully against injustice, the greatest manifestation of which is global warming. Lead in that.

1 Like

You guys, if anyone dores, have the opportunity to have the democracy you want.

Why dont you?

Try it here and you just vanish.

Democracy is the problem Astrid. Westerners will never vote for social justice. I’ve got more hope in the PRC!

1 Like

Indeed. It’s been said that it’s the worst possible form of government … except for all the others.

6 Likes

Democracy brings the mass to the average, dictatorship brings the mass above the average if anyone survives and if the regime survives.

By one who knew how to manipulate it better than any man of the time. I am so conflicted by Churchill. He was a monster. But he was our monster. Evolution eh?

1 Like

I hear you. It’s the successful politicians who make the sausage, and by-and-large we appreciate them for it (when it’s ‘our sausage’ that was made). But almost nobody admires the process - or what all they did to make that success possible. Politicians are (unfairly I almost think) vilified - especially in the U.S. right now. I’m conflicted about that right now too. Nice people aren’t generally the ones who blazed the trails we now love to enjoy.

2 Likes

A benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government… if and when there ever was one. And they last for how long? One generation, tops.

I read Team of Rivals a few years ago, and fell in love with Lincoln.

Come on over. I will trade.

1 Like

Be careful. But I mean it. Western democracy cannot save the planet. Only full social justice can do that. That’s more likely to emerge in China than anywhere else I believe.

Of course not.
You also need free market capitalism

That doesn’t let them off the hook.

Engineers and computer nerds may not be research scientists, but they still have careers that demand a high level of scientific literacy. At the very least, they should be expected to know what accurate and honest weights and measures look like, and to make sure that anything they are claiming is mathematically coherent.

That’s how the West stands. On billions of its victims. Including generations of tens of millions of Chinese, hundreds of millions.

Within their fields they can all be YECs, OECs, ID…ists. I was, two out of three. With anti-evolutionary Muslims and one YEC. I know an excellent, brilliant full on Ph.D. Rogerian psychologist who is YEC. Wonderful man.

China brought its troubles on itself, and the West, Japan and Russia
all took advantage.
That is not quite coequal to " free market capitalism" victimixing
the Chinese

Hong Kong mas a poor fishing community. Pre capitalism.

Now of course irs done far better than in England.

Maos China sure was not capitalist,everyone but Maos group were
poor. But you know all that. Yet ye persisteth still. Curious.

You might like to meet my ol’ uncle who was Red Guard, and bever
got over it, a Maoist to the end.
Someone else will have to translate, Ive heard his screed enough already.

1 Like

My dentist in NYC is scientologist

The UK quality of life is higher than China’s. Thanks in large part to it abusing China horrifically for 150 years. Capitalism is now [, as ever] the problem, not the answer.

You do know there is no logical connection to be made.