What is your favorite animal, living or extinct?

Got to appreciate a sprinkle of humor to Go with the rest of what we do here. I liked the bug eyed bug.

1 Like

An excellent Phyllis Diller impression:

E756F2B3-92C0-4D01-8828-C0063E3844ED

Hard to believe it’s the same creature:

5 Likes

But seriously, this makes me think of Psalm 106’s “and Leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.

9F6BB510-29C9-437F-BBAD-12FEF44FAC98

4 Likes

I’m sure I’m not alone, since the giraffe is a perennial favorite, but if you’re ever in Colorado Springs, the Cheyanne Mountain Zoo is a good place to get some face time with the critters. Their looong gray tongues are almost startling:

4 Likes

Amazing animals. It is interesting that they have the same number of neck bones, cervical vertebra, as we do, just really long ones.

4 Likes

I wonder if they came in live variety. I torture my kids by telling them armadillos don’t come in live variety. The one we saw at Disney was surely animatronic. My 10 year old will point one out walking in the road, and I’ll tell him it’s a possum wearing an armadillo suit. :laughing:

Anyway, this fossil just furthers my hypothesis. :grinning:

#LiveArmadilloDenier

5 Likes

Keep sticking to your principles. Remember, everyone has the same evidence, we just interpret it differently. :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve been heard to comment that bacon is evidence that God exists, and that he wants us to be happy. Checkmate, atheists. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m not sure @DennisVenema. My denomination teaches that God actually created bacon on the 8th day… and then banned it because it was too tasty. We’re literal 8-day Baconists.

5 Likes

They are two different birds. The top is a snowy Egret, the bottom a great Egret.

There, biologos’ own egretologist has spoken.

5 Likes

One cannot live life with no egrets.

4 Likes

Riley

/End Thread

6 Likes

Don’t forget, bacon is proof America is a Christian nation:

1 Like

Or…
https://unitedchurchofbacon.org

It is a mystery to me why God’s chosen people would have been forbidden to enjoy bacon.

Perhaps this is a foreshadowing of the things that were to come.

For that matter, Honey Baked Ham presents the same mystery.

O.o (insert additional obligatory characters here)

Marcion was right. Besides, the very purpose of Jesus fulfilling the law was so that the Jews could eat bacon.

23 Yet he commanded the skies above,
and opened the doors of heaven;
24 he rained down on them bacon to eat,
and gave them the meat of heaven.
25 Mortals ate of the food of angels;
he sent them food in abundance.

3 Likes

Trichinosis and cholesterol?

And the best time to circumcise baby boys is on the eighth day when the vitamin K (a clotting factor) level is the highest – the birth level from the mom has decayed and the baby’s production has ‘overshot’ and peaked before coming back down to a steady level. (Physicians feel free to correct me, if necessary – that came from a book decades ago written by a Christian MD.)

I like my bacon crispy, eliminating trichinosis.

2 Likes