What is the purpose of the Bible

Then you have me wrong.

My arguments against Evolution nevr involve the bible. I do not quote it at atheists whether they are scientists or not. And scientists who are Christian should know where I am coming from. BioLogos claims a Christian expression of Creation. So do I. I cannot see how any scientist who accepts the Evolutionary theory as it is taught can have a faith in God, be it Christain or otherwise. It seems to me that they are incompatible.
IOW for God to be the creator He cannot be excluded from 99% of the creating process let alone all of it (Biogenesis). For this to be true there has to be a flaw in the current Evolutionary theory. I can actually see quite a few flaws, but then again, who the £@!$! am ,I ay? But nevertheless I reserve the right to criticise.

Richard

I deleted the snarky one liners. Please refrain from such. One suggestion, never use the word “you…” without great reflection,

Memory.

It is a memory of a developing relationship between people and their creator. Without such such a record of events and thoughts it is difficult for the relationship to move forward.

I guess that makes it a lot like a diary in which you might write just about anything… whatever you think is important and should be remembered.

And who is keeping this diary? It cannot be any of the human authors of the books in the Bible since these are all different people over a great span of time. Well there is one person who is a constant. He is in all of the books – the one who ties it all together. God is the only one who can be keeping this diary. And of course, it is shared rather than private. Should it be called a scrap book then?

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.