What is the historical core behind the Exodus?

Having a relationship with god is good. That relationship to the exclusion of others is trouble.

This is an open forum

So what? That fact does not oblige me to satisfy your curiosity.

No it does not. But it’s an open forum and I can address anything I want.

I have seen people who have made rational and reasonable claims, accused of arrogance, when they were simply confident when making their claims.

Anything you want? Wanna bet?

Meaning, of course, any post. The context should have made that clear.

(And not unwarranted confidence. ; - )

:zzz: :zzz:

The difference is not in the external delivery. The difference is what one thinks within. The inner arrogance brings reaction i feel.

It’s entirely external. Wherever Jews have been a distinctive minority they were persecuted. Like all distinctive minorities under dominant cultures. God in Himself has nothing to do with it.

Many distinctive monorities have not been persecuted. For example, parsis in india or muslims christians and hindus in malaysia and kerala.

1 Like

Welcome to this thread., I’ve been reading your profile page and notice you understand Allah YHWH as one God. And I’m so excited about this!!!

My question to you is, I notice when I allow God teach me, I’ll feel fire burn in my spirit heart., can you relate?

My next question as this is an Exodus topic., I’ve learn in Egypt they build with stone so no need for straw., so how come the Pharaoh demanded for straw, when in Egypt they build with stone? What if this place wasn’t in Egypt but in a different location where they don’t build with stone, and actually needed straw to bake bricks?

Why would God show different aspects of himself to different groups of people?

As pointed out before, stone was used for temples and tombs and mud brick for everything else. There was no need to use stone for the buildings used to house and feed the people working on the temples and tombs.

1 Like

Kerala is strongly multicultural. Ethnic Chinese haven’t always fared well in Malaya. And Parsis have done well in Gudjurat and beyond for thirteen centuries, having complied with local requirements of language and women’s dress. Tyranny always finds scapegoats.

1 Like

God has infinite extent and qualities. He is open. We choose differently what to see in that infinity.

They indeed used mud bricks for living houses with about 1 percent straw as binder. That 1 percent would hardly match with biblical description. The monuments were made with stone.

1 Like

Agree. We may be mixing up theory of monotheism which remained intact throughout this period, with practice that had ups and downs as u have noted. But there was no dilution of theory as far as i understand.

Which description would that be? As depicted in the movie The Ten Commandments?

If gathering stubble in the field provided all the straw needed that wouldn’t indicate massive quantities of straw was needed.

1 Like

It isn’t clear that they were theoretically monotheistic in that earlier period, as I pointed out. The history appears to be viewed by the author from the perspective of hindsight, and kings and the people judged by a standard that was not available to them in their own time.

2 Likes