What Is The Gospel and what does it do?

Actually, @mitchellmckain quoted a good source for that above.

As I said, you got nuthin’

Nothing in Love in Christ contradicts love.

That’s nice dear. What of it?

I reject both of these extremes:

1. The Hakuna matata gospel of universalism and the controlling “love” God who is going ignore your choices and make you fit into His idea of what is right eventually. And all the talk of judgement, hell, and eternal punishment in the Bible is just to be ignored. Likewise we are to ignore the fact that life isn’t anything like this either.

2. The hellfire gospel of the wrathful watchmaker God seeking vengeance against any who dare to think for themselves and do what is right as best as they understand, because the only virtue is cowardice and crawling before the hate-filled God being thankful that you are not the one getting stomped on. This is the racketeering gospel according to the mafia who want to love you and protect you from themselves.

Neither of these sound like love to me. But there is a balance between these extremes…

1. God chose love and freedom over power and control to create life because the whole point is to have a real relationship with others who also make choices and thus have their own share of responsibility in what ultimately comes about. Thus He is a parent who raises His children, but lets them live their own life even when it hurts to watch them self-destruct refusing love and help. Thus the talk in the Bible of love, judgment and eternal punishment are taken seriously, because God is warning us of a danger which is real and important. The experience and hardships of life also fits since it would be teaching us the importance of making the right choices.

There is no middle way between damnation and salvation. Like being a bit pregnant.

Klax im not here to argue. But if you want to defend your view of scripture at least provide evidence for universalism or tell why we need to ignore the " hellfire"
which at one point Jesus spoke of as well. Nothing personal but seeing this debate over and over with no proof from each side is not good. Blessings and take care mate!

1 Like

The Biblical evidence against has been given many times and is right there above in this thread - John 3:16-21, John3:36, Matt 25:41, 2 Peter 2:9, Rev 3:5. More?

Matthew 25:44 Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?’ 45 Then he will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ 46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

And this is only the beginning of a very long list.

Jesus said that in modern English did He?

It’s not my view. It’s scripture. You should know it in the original.

Doesnt anyone have a different view thought? Like we all agree Jesus is God but many denominations for example have uniqe views about different passages. For instance i beleive Adam and Eve was a historical couple. Others do believe that as well. You might dont. So its not up to you to decide whats scripture. So im suggesting lay some evidence of why do you have this view of scripture than rather decide for us whats scripture. Again not here to argue just pointing things out. Have a good night!!Blessings

I know what scripture says Nick. In Greek, Hebrew. No problem. Beliefs - faith - are two a penny, I can’t be doing with them. There’s nothing salvific in any mere work of faith, in any meaningless ‘choice’. But in Jesus’ faithfulness there is universal salvation. Love is that powerful.

I dont want you to take my next comment for you as an offense(is a bit funny and true to me). But you remind me a lot of my grandpa. Stuborn on his beliefs and hardcore communist😂(the latter is not for you just a little pun for a laught). Take care!!

1 Like

Your pappous was a good man. Hear him.

1 Like

The gospel of Matthew was written in Greek.

Matthew 25: 46

Καὶ (and)
ἀπελεύσονται (will go away)
οὗτοι (these)
εἰς (into)
κόλασιν (punishment)
αἰώνιον (eternal)
οἱ δὲ (but)
δίκαιοι (the righteous)
εἰς (into)
ζωὴν (life)
αἰώνιον (eternal)

46 "And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

What part of this translation do you dispute?

1 Like

Wow. If you didnt copied that you are very fluent on Greek. Im Greek and have a hard time on some of these verses because i wasnt good at ancient greek back in school. Really impresive. Take care!

THE NEW CREATION

John 3:3 In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again .” 5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit .

John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God .

1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again , not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; the old has gone, the new has come!

Gal 6:14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation . 16 Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule, even to the Israel of God.

Eph 2:10 For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

The cross of Jesus and all it incorporates (death, burial, judgment, resurrection and ascension) is the central focal point of the Good News. For through the cross of Christ, God causes a new birth and creates a new creation within those who put their full confidence in Christ. What the Law could not do, God did through Jesus. The Law was given to point out sin; Christ went to the cross for the purpose of our execution, our judgment, our resurrection and ascension so that we would be seated with Him in Heaven. Eph 2:6 “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus”.

To enter the Kingdom of Heaven a person must be literally born again, born of the Spirit, which makes him a new creation, the old is gone, and the new has come. This is not a metaphor, parable or an exaggeration; it is exactly what it says it is, it is a new birth. In Christ I have died to sin, my spirit has been circumcised from the flesh ( Col 2:9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. 11 In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.”), translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of the Son of God. Born again by the Fathers will. This is the New Covenant that is in the blood of Christ which he is the mediator of.

This is Good News indeed. In Christ we die to sin, no longer slaves to it. We are transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of God. We are born of God, our spirit is raised up as a New Creation in Christ. God did what the Law could not do, He executed us, judged us and raised us up in Christ, this is in effect now and after the resurrection those who fully rely on Jesus will enter into the New Jerusalem. Because of sin, our lives were forfeit, judgment and wrath was due us, but in Christ, the second Adam, “He who knew no sin, became sin for us”. In Christ we went through death and judgment and came out the other side, Children of God. Born again by the Fathers will. That is why I will only boast in the Cross of Christ, for through it I have been crucified to the world and the world to me.

In Christ, I Am A New Creation. For freedom sake, Christ set us free. His laws are written on my heart and His Spirit lives in me. He is the Lamb of God that was sacrificed in my place, the price that set me free from sin and wrath. He brought the atoning blood to the Heavenly Holy of Holies. He became my sin so that I would be the righteousness of God in Him. Out of this new life of Christ in me, I now live. Daily Christ delivers me from temptation and sin.

All Glory, Honor and Majesty belong to the Father and the Son!

JESUS IS MY LORD!

(So much more can be said, but it’s all right in the scriptures for the meek, humble and lost to read and put all their trust in. Jesus is our salvation and trust in Him causes it to be active in us.)

Hardly… Greek are just symbols to use in math and physics equations for me. This is from biblehub.com

1 Like

Can you give me the etymology and full translation of of kolasin, aionion and dikaioi? Especially aionion. And why the translation and implied meaning you give is the right one?