What exactly should YEC be called as a body of ideas?

That is not true. You need to look at John 5:16-17. Also Mt 5:21-48

The answer is No. God did not create two different worlds for us, a physical and a spiritual. God created one world, one universe in which we all live.

Quantum physics does say that in certain circumstances particles act like energy and in other circumstances they act like particles and visa versa That is hard to accept because the basic law of philosophy says a particle cannot also be a wave. Why not?

By focusing on the fact that God can destroy the universe if God wants to, you undermine the every important fact that God does not want to destroy the universe and humans with it. God wants to perfect the universe by creating a New Heaven and a New Earth. God values God’s Creation and humanity. Those who devalue the universe and humanity devalue God.

If you think that Reality is what you think it is then you should be a Christian Scientist who believe that death and sickness are illusions, even though Mary Baker Eddy is long dead. Or you are sure that Trump won the election through positive thinking or if we pray harden enough that 6the pandemic with not affect us.

The fact is that God created the universe as a home for us and gives us Jesus as God with us and for us to empower and enable us to live for God, not to escape to some alternative world.

The Father created us and our the universe through the Logos/Son and the Spirit. If God did not exist the universe would not exist. The Big Bang would not have occurred and nothing would exist. God is the basis of science, because God is the basis of objective reality.

Both John 5:16-17.and Mt 5:21-48 as Jesus disputing the Torah is really nit picking. So he worked on the Sabbath and he thought people shouldn’t be angry and call “raca” meaning “worthless” as an insult. We are talking about God made the Universe/ physical reality.

God is not a physical being. God is a spiritual being and dwells in a spiritual realm, which we as humans, do not even begin to understand. Wherefore can we just wipe it aside and say it doesn’t exist? You will find the word “Heaven” in the Bible and this can be a reference to two vastly different things. One is certainly the sky and the space beyond. However this is not what Jesus was talking about when he referred to the Kingdom of Heaven as a present reality with a future final fulfillment. He was talking about a spiritual realm.

God may want to make a “new earth and new heavens”, (as in new sky), for Christians, but that does not say that there is no spiritual realm.

Death is an illusion. And the reason is that we are not meat robots. We are spiritual beings, conscious being “made in the image of God”, embodied in physical garments to have physical experiences. To be tried and tested. In a NDE that I had back in the late 1980s, I saw that I was not the body, not the ideas that arise in the Mind. I was something apart from the body, which is not subject to decay and death.
Disease is a negative reaction to ideas. And that reaction is somatic, so that adverse bodily reactivity arises. It is of the body. It does not touch the soul. And by realizing the ideas are bogus, one can recover the health of the body.

Trump is of no consequence. Just another pawn of the hidden Deep State, which is a worldwide consortium. I saw him as a loose cannon on a runaway train.

As for the pandemic, I am not sold on “it is caused by a virus”. God is the savior and to God I turn to and to God I pray and no other. This is why I haven’t had the flu now for nearly 50 years, since my mid 20s. If the virus enters my body, it enters at its own risk.

I do not agree that God created the Universe as a home for us. This is only a passing parade, a testing ground, through which God will separate the wheat from the chaff. And God is one. God did not give us Jesus as a God. God gave us Jesus and many other prophets to help us and guide those of us who want to walk on the Path of Righteousness, not for any reward, but for God’s sake.

Let me quote you here Rabia, a Persian saint. She said
"If I should love thee for fear of some burning hell, then burn me in that hell.
If I should love thee for want of some paradise, then deny me that paradise.
But, as I love thee for Thy Sake alone, deny me not Thy Everlasting Beatitudes.

Whether God wants to destroy the Universe or not, is immaterial. The fact is that God created the Universe and maintains it with everything in it. And God can destroy the Universe, if God wanted to do so.

God, The Father created us as spiritual beings. God also created the Universe, with The Word. There is no way that the The Word, is son, i.e., Jesus. And as for the Spirit, the Greek is Agion Pneuma. “Agion” does mean holy, but the word A-gion transliterated means Not- of this earth. This is part of God and not something we can understand. And it is not some creation. It is a quality of God.

Certainly, if God did not exist the Universe would not exist. And the reason is because God is the creator of the Universe. The Big Bang is really nothing more than a hypothesis, an untestable hypothesis, yeah, not falsifiable, yet they call it science. But let’s consider it for argument’s sake. Out of a tiny spot of nothing, which is full of something that exploded everything that is came into being. Something in nothing is claimed because they see virtual particles popping into and out of existence. How so, if only the physical exists?

God is not the basis of science because God is the sum total of all reality, subjective and objective reality. Subjective because God made us out of consciousness. And objective because God gave us access to The Mind of God, the only Mind that exists. It is in The Mind that all knowledge/ information exists. So we are able to reason and have understanding.

My friend, if you do not understand what message Jesus was giving the Pharisees in these passages of scripture, you have a serious problem of spiritual discernment. Jesus was not nitpicking. He was pointing out a serious flaw in their faith, a flaw that many people share now and then. That is why Jesus came to die to save them from their sin and us from ours.

How can you make that statement when God’s Book says the Logos is Jesus the Messiah?

Yes, I agree, we love God for God’s sake, but the problem is, How can I love That Who you say “is a spiritual being and dwells in a spiritual realm, which we as humans, do not even begin to understand?” Or in other words how can I know and love Someone with which I have nothing in common.

The OT and NT says, Love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.

Jesus said, Love one another as I have loved you.

1 John says, If people hate a human being, created in God’s Image whom they can see, how can they claim to love God Who they cannot see?

Mt 5:48 Be perfect as your Father in Heaven is perfect" and love everyone.

If God did not send His Son to humanity to reveal Who God is, or if God is not Love, Then we cannot know and love God. God’s Book tells that we know God by loving Jesus, loving others, and loving ourselves and all this is through God’s Spirit of Love which binds this world together with the next, both are from God.

We as humans are spiritual beings. God dwells in the spiritual realm but so do we. God has created this physical existence so that we may have physical experiences. However while God is beyond our comprehension, we can say God is Divine Consciousness and of that consciousness God created us as conscious beings. Consciousness is our essential nature. This is our commonality with God.

Now for evidence that people do recognize the spiritual.
I will tell you about one of the more major spiritual experiences I had way back in 1974 and how it affected others.
It happened when I taken my lunch hour to go down to a shopping areas, a street with a mile long length of shops. I had had some difficulties in my life at the time and as I was standing on the footpath I addressed a complaint to God. I thought “but am I really loved”.
Suddenly I felt an immense silence. Traffic in the street flowed soundlessly. Then soon I was transported to another place, it was a magnificent forest scene with a river nearby. I saw a cloud lower in the heavens and angels on it. They sang, it seemed for me, the 23rd psalm.

When they finished I heard a voice as the Bible says “the voice of many waters”. It said “You are loved, you have always been loved and you will always be loved”. I felt an immense joy, indescribable. When it all faded away and I again realized I was standing on a footpath, I found that I was surrounded by many, many people all looking at me and seemingly wanting to be standing there next to me. The footpath was blocked from the shops to the street.

I didn’t understand why they were there, so I excused myself and made my way through the crowd and back to work. When I entered the building several people came up to me as they passed me by and said “you got really, really good vibs”. Maybe they felt my happiness and joy. Then one of my bosses appeared and he too came and said the same. He though invited me to go to lunch at his place the next day, which was a Saturday, because he said he wanted his wife to experience the good vibs. I couldn’t believe it. I did go to his place and his wife had made a wonderful luncheon. He said that the experience was not as strong as it was the day before but he said I still emanated good vibs.
So many people, most of who I didn’t know, and no doubt some of who may have even been atheists, were able to experience, through me as an agent of sorts, the spiritual. This is because our nature, our essential nature is spiritual.
You don’t realize it, but God is closer to us than our very life blood. Without God, there is no life in the body.

Now, for 1 John 4:20
It doesn’t say hates a human being . The Greek words τον αδελφον αυτου may be translated as “brother” but that would be wrong too. This is a Greek way of saying someone of the same kind, i.e., another lover of God. So I would say the better translation and the one that makes sense is the New Living Translation

If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a fellow believer , that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?

You can find it here : 1 John 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

Human beings are not all one class. There are humane and there are inhumane. A person, who is what my late psychopathic / inhumane husband had called “an evil one”, i.e., in the devil’s mindset and who lives by the devil’s agenda cannot be loved.

I can certainly vouch for that. I would have left my my late husband, when he came out of the closet and revealed that he was “evil” as he said, and I saw him for who he really was. The only thing that made me stay with him was the fact that he was willing to talk and reveal to me the ways in which inhumane people operate. I knew the information was invaluable to help many other people. Otherwise there was nothing one could even remotely like, let alone love.

Mt 5:48 Says Be ye perfect, even as your Father, who is in Heaven, is perfect.
It doesn’t say love everyone at all.
This is an aim, the lover of God, is to strive to be perfect.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.