What does "the spirit of God moved upon the waters" mean in cosmology?

You are right, except that I am a researcher and I do not like to give myself limitations.

According to evolutionary theory, populations of organisms evolve, not individuals.

That makes no sense

1 Like

Individuals are included in populations of organisms. In any case, evolution has not yet acquired the status of an exact science. This is the reason why there is still a multitude of theories and denials.

So what? Populations evolve, not individuals.

Seriously? Evolutionary theory is supported by massive amounts of evidence.

There are no scientific theories competing with evolutionary theory. People who oppose evolution are usually religiously motivated, such as your Rev. Moon…

1 Like

I am not here to defend the ideology of Rev. Moon, but to expose the Universal Cosmological Model that accepts evolution. Besides, by saying that the biblical days are periods demonstrate effectively that the Universal Cosmological Model accept the evolution. As for Rev. Moon, I only expose you his idea that has you to see if he refutes evolution like the other religious people or if he integrates it in his teaching: “If human beings are resultant beings, is it possible that monkeys are our cause? Can apes be our ancestors? Let’s get rid of such nonsense! Starting from an amoeba, for life to have reached human form, it had to pass through the gates of love at thousands of levels. Does life progress automatically? Absolutely not. It is the same with all animals. The division of species is very strict. No one can transgress the separation of species. If materialists, convinced that apes are our ancestors, cross a human being with an ape, do you think a new life form will appear? This attempt is doomed to failure, even if they try to do it for thousands of years”.
(Rev. S.M. Moon: Speech: True Family and True Universe Centered on the Love of God. 1997).

Your excerpt shows that Moon rejects evolution. He recruited Jonathan Wells to oppose evolution. Most of us here consider the Unification Church to be a cult.

2 Likes

Flavien, please refrain from the long, non-interactive posts going forward. We aren’t going to let the forum continue to be a platform for you to just pubish your material. Giving answer to the questions or challenges others have offered should still be fine (if indeed you are giving real responses), but long posts will probably be removed should they continue.

2 Likes

You introduce several subjects at once. If you consider the Unification Church a cult, its members do not consider it so. I am not going to give my point of view. I hope that through the quote “Starting from an amoeba, for life to have reached human form, it had to pass through the gates of love at thousands of levels” shows that Rev. Moon does not reject evolution, even if his view is different from that of some scientists.

Moon rejects the scientific theory of evolution. And rejects Christianity.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks, I understand. I will make an effort because sometimes I am unaware that I have written a lot. The first cause is that it is said by my gift of writing. The second is that what I write is part of a subject that has never been discussed and that I must explain well so that I am not accused of concordism. My publications respect the objectives of Biologos (harmony between faith and science). So far, the questions that are asked to me have nothing to do with this publication. And it is through these kinds of questions that they seek to sanction me. Let those who ask me questions come back to my publication. I published on “the spirit of God moving on the waters” and not on other subjects.

They have to do with the things you have said, so it’s fair game.

1 Like

What is meant by the scientific theory of evolution? That man came from the ape or that things started to evolve from the lowest to the highest levels? Rev. Moon’s answer, which is also my answer, is that “things started to evolve from the lowest level to the highest”. I don’t know if this answer is excluded from the scientific theory of evolution. Moonists use the Bible, although they have a manual of explanation so that the interpretation is consistent throughout. You know it from Christianity based on your analysis, but he knows that he is a Christian and that he recognizes in Jesus Christ the status of Messiah, Son of God and Savior.

I have not yet touched on the subject of evolution. And, in my publications, I don’t like to touch on doctrinal issues. I am into astrotheology (Astronomy and theology or science and faith).

But you have.

It seems that you are contradicting yourself.

1 Like

I know my publication by heart. As for Rev. Moon, I had said “Indeed, to better understand the depth of quantum mechanics, astrophysicists should first go beyond physics to understand the Principle of Creation, a branch of the Divine Principle of Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon”. The evolution debate came in when you said that Rev. Moon had ordered Jonathan Wells to fight this teaching. I said that it was a surprise for me to hear that because I have read books where Rev. Moon supports the theories of evolution. And, that is where the debate on evolution came in and not on my publication.

The point is, you have touched on evolution, even if you weren’t the one to bring it up.

I know that evolution is a very crucial point in Biologos and when you touch it, it is as if you have touched the moderators’ eyes. Just know that Rev. Moon teaches evolution under the title “the period of the growths of created beings”. In the Universal Cosmological Model we also show the evolution of the universe from the origin to man. So far, I am only in the evolution of the events that took place in the first biblical day. I am not in the debates about the classical definitions. I am only showing how things had to evolve.

How did things have to evolve?

The biblical days were periods; that is, things did not appear and acquire maturity and their present form spontaneously. In order for God to move on to the next stage, what He created would first have to reach maturity, i.e. reach completion. So, creation went through six stages described in the Bible as six days. This thought goes hand in hand with the theory of evolution.

This is not compatible with what we see in nature.