What does "in the beginning God created the heaven" (i)

I believe in neither and nothing I could possibly ever read could possibly change that. That’s because I don’t believe in any Bible doctrines, whatever they are, apart from those summed up in my tag line.

What do you mean by biblical doctrine: Everything that the Bible teaches or the doctrines that are born out of the biblical messages or whatever?

I’m extremely interested in what the Bible unintentionally teaches. Otherwise whatever you mean by biblical doctrine, and whatever other doctrines the Church made up after collating its Bible, that. Our overlap will be in my tag line.

I too am glad to hear you say that you are extremely interested in what the Bible unintentionally teaches.

I will abandon any scientific theory when it is falsified.

Michael Behe? For one thing, he isn’t YEC. For another thing, at the Kitzmiller trial, he agreed that the Intelligent Designer might be dead now, or that there might be two or more Intelligent Designers!!! Yes, that is some solid theology!

3 Likes

Kurt Wise said that? It’s total nonsense and an egregious travesty both of scripture itself and of Christian theology down the centuries.

Kurt Wise said that? Again, absolutely wrong.

KW might make such fanciful claims. And his fan-base might lap them up adoringly. But his saying it, and his fans applauding it, are irrelevant to the claims themselves.

3 Likes

Because they were created mortal. Hence the need for the Tree of Life. And God said, “And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever” which means without access to the Tree of Life A&E will die a physical death. It is pretty clear in scripture that there are two deaths, spiritual and physical.

2 Likes

hmmm…so, do you play lotto at all?

Whilst that may seem a silly question, wouldn’t you agree that people play lottery because they hope that oneday they might win? Even though the odds against winning are:

Probability of Winning the Lottery
EuroJackpot 1 : 95,000,000 1 : 26
EuroMillions 1 : 139,838,160 1 : 13
PowerBall 1 : 292,201,338 1 : 25
MegaMillions 1 : 302,575,350 1 : 24

I really used to worry about the question, did Jesus and the disciples in the Bible really exist?

One of the most important discoveries i ever made in my search for an answer to that question was Bart Erhman. Here we have i suppose a man who is essentially an atheist who absolutely supports the historicity of Jesus. For me that was a huge relief.

I understand Bart doesn’t believe in Jesus as God, however, i have no problem counterring his arguments used to support his conclusion in this. Unfortunately for Bart, whilst his historical studies and conclusions are excellent, his theology is not. I am not a trained theologian and i find his doctrinal foundation very very poor despite the fact he claimed to have once been a conservative Christian.

The next big win for me was the wonderful work by Answers In Genisis and a number of other YEC movements and there scientific research. That has really opened up the door for me as i no longer need to simply use the explanation that faith alone is all i need to discount humanistic interpretation of evolution and indeed even science.

So going back to my lottery point now…in life i cannot ignore epistemology. I want to know the answers to the questions it poses. I do not accept that life is just here right now and once i die its kaput! I have so much evidence supporting a future as proposed by Christianity that i think the odds of it being true are far far better than lotto!

And really, all that we are required to do in order to be saved is to love our neighbour as we should love ourselves…do unto others as we would like done to us and love the Lord thy God.

Now loving a person one has never met and cant interact with in the way we do other humans is a difficult thing to do…but perhaps loving God means simply keeping his commandments? (now that is very easy to do)

You would notice that scientific papers are generally published as original research, or alternatively designated as review papers. Almost nothing that YEC organizations put out advances any research or generates data - their publications usually are attempts to explain away scientific findings. Critiques of other’s papers does not qualify as research. To do actual research, YEC organizations would require laboratories where one could expect to find apparatus such as microscopes, spectrometers, sequencing machines, and such, and there seems to be little YEC interest in real discovery.

2 Likes

Science is like the kitchen where you prepare the ingredients. among scientists, there are also believers. Georges Lemaitre was a monk, but it is in science that we verify what people say. but, I noticed that when the religious say something, science does not even want to verify. Geroges lemaitre was fought for forty years by Fred Hoyle who found that the theory of the primitive atom was close to creationism. It took the discovery of fossil radiation in 1965 to accept the Big Bang theory (primitive atom). To say that religion comes with laboratories does not exist. The proofs of the laboratories that exist are for everyone and the religious can use them to prove their arguments.

I have no problem with the historicity of Jesus through Paul, even if the former is mythic. The historicity of Paul feeds back in to Jesus. Ehrman doesn’t need to be a theologian any more than Dawkins needs to be. Theology is stuff badly made up, very, very, very poorly by everybody, one way or the other. AiG cannot do scientific research which is why it has done none whatsoever.

Faith, expressed as love, is all that matters. Is the only commandment. That is its own epistemology. It needs no fallacious odds to justify. Can you point to how very easy to do it is?

You said, "Faith, expressed in the form of love, is all that matters. But, how can this faith be taught and spread if theology is removed?

It’s the only theology you need. Everything else is less. Far, far less. [You teach it and spread it by incarnating it. Let us know how you get on.]

Where was God when he created?

Nowhere. All where is in Him. As is all creation from eternity. They’re synonyms. It’s called omnipresence. Immanence.

1 Like

God is a spiritual Being. It transcends time and space. He is everywhere. He is even aware of the question you just asked. He is there in your house. He is also in your heart; acting in your conscience while granting free will. you are part of his image.

Hi. I asked where God WAS when He Created? Not where he is today.

Now you want us to enter into religion with an answer that you may not understand or accept because there is no way to verify it. Jesus Christ said to his contemporaries: “If you do not believe when I have spoken to you about earthly things, how will you believe when I speak to you about heavenly things” (Jn 3:12). What I am telling you so far is only part of the earthly things, things related to the Universe, but you refuse to understand, so how do you want us to tell you about what is beyond? Moreover, there are answers that deserve to be understood first, in order to understand them. So, I am not going to let the moderator call me out for coming to teach a new doctrine by talking about a spirituality that they themselves may never have heard of. However, I want to answer you, but this is not part of the Universal Cosmological Model of which I am the inventor. Where was the earth before the creation of the USA or where was the USA before its creation? The earth was always there, but when it is decided that one of its parts becomes a nation, it becomes the creation of that nation as if that part of the earth did not exist in the first place. So one part becomes the creation of the USA and the other parts become the creation of other states. But, all those pieces of land were still there. God was also still there in the spiritual world as a spiritual entity. But when it was densified a part of the spiritual particles became physical particles, this part was called invisible and empty earth. That is why particles behave differently from atoms, because they come from a sphere where they transcend time and space. Read “the properties of particles” in Google. Thus, from a single spiritual world where God resided, there is now the creation of a physical world. Hence the verse “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth”. The heaven representing the sphere that remained spiritual and the earth representing the physical sphere or universe. I hope that there are those who have understood. I do not want to go into depth.

Where He is, now He is creating. Where He always was when He was creating for forever.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.