What do you say when.....?

Not always the case but i digress

Those attributes are not simply ancient religions, but also newer religions. They are the attributes of God in Islam and in Judaism and if you look at what Jesus said, then also in Christianity.

I agree. The physicists are saying it came from nothing, but if you look more closely at what they are saying, then there was a little something in the nothing. lol.

If we are talking about eating food for calories, photosynthesis, nuclear fission or fusion, and all of the other human activities then energy is neither created nor destroyed. Conservation of energy is the 1st law of thermodynamics. If humans were able to violate that 1st law then we could create endless energy from nothing. The 2nd law states that over time there will be less and less available potential energy that can be converted into kinetic energy.

How is it logical that a huge amount… or any amount, even the tiniest amount of energy could arise out of nothing. Where there is nothing, there’s something?

The biased ones maybe. The others simply state they dont know

1 Like

The human can create energy by others means. Not only convert.(not only with food)

How is it logical to say that it can’t arise out of nothing?

How is it logical to say that a supernatural deity poofed the energy into existence?

The main hurdle here is that logic needs premises. Logic can only work if we can start from things we know and can demonstrate. We don’t even have the premises yet. We don’t know if energy can emerge out of nothing. We don’t know if a supernatural deity exists. There just isn’t enough knowledge for logic to dig into.

All of which is converting potential energy into kinetic energy. All of the energy is conserved with no energy being created or destroyed.

It comes down to whether or not tou find it stupid or nto. For me i find the out of nothing case illogical with no purpose whatsoever. For you its different

You seem to forget that the body produces energy it self. Not only converting it

I would agree that it does come down to our own subjective judgements and opinions, which isn’t logic. I prefer to say that I don’t know where the energy came from. For me, that seems like the most honest position.

The only way that it can come out of nothing is if God upholds the ideas/ information, which brings the physical into being, in the Divine Consciousness.
This would make the physical reality a simulation in physics terms or a creation in religious terms. There are some physicists saying so. Like Leonardo Susskind PhD.

The body does not produce energy itself. It converts the potential energy in chemical bonds into kinetic energy.

You cant say you dont know. Deep down your belief its it came out of nothing.And thats okay. For instance you seem to defend that possition. However will you ever defend the possition of a supernatural entity

Sure I can. “I don’t know”. Just said it.

There isn’t evidence for either position. I don’t accept either position as being true, so why would I need to defend either of them?

ABE:

Well you argued above in favor of the case the universe came out of nothing. Thats why i asked if the conversation reversed if youd defend the possition of God. Sorry if i came out mean that is not my intention

No, I didn’t. I was simply asking why the opposite of your argument was invalid. I was trying to show you that your God of the Gaps argument was not logical. The lack of evidence for one proposition is not evidence for another proposition. This applies equally to all explanations for the origin of the universe.

It is not a question of knowledge but a question of belief. Belief is not just the domain of religion. Scientists believe that there is only the physical. So nothing has to be nothing physical. That means both energy and matter, both aspects of the physical don’t exist in nothing. And if there is nothing other than the physical then you can’t get any further.

I believe that there is a non-physical realm, the realm of information, which underpins the physical. If that is true then we have a premise but it is not enough. Something (God) has to get from information to physical. If we go there then there is a possibility of something out of nothing. All that God needs to do is uphold the information, with meaning (rules) in the Divine Consciousness. Thus the energy / matter come into being.

Sorry if this just repeats assertions already made above … but it seems to me that both believers and atheists agree that the universe came out of nothing. Believers say that God created it … out of nothing, and atheists say it came into being … out of nothing. Either way the present laws of conservation must have had some initial moment when they didn’t operate as we seem them do now.

The only way out of that one is to posit an eternal universe. I don’t think too many from either side are still banging on that drum, though some might be … eternal numbers of successive big bangs or something like that.