What Did We Learn in 2023?

During the year 2023, I have better realized how the results-centered attitudes and models adopted from the competitive work life have permeated much of my thinking. It just required retirement, thinking provoked by studies in theology, and the model demonstrated by some mature believers to see it.
A change towards better has to start from the inside, by getting the attitudes and priorities straight. After that, who knows what positive can happen.

A somewhat surprising observation was how much new insights I have learned about biblical scriptures despite having a background of almost 40 years of daily reading. I can recommend studies in theology for retired believers, although it may matter what the teachers believe. We all read the scriptures through colored lenses and the color (preconceived hermeneutics) matters.

4 Likes

Your insights and track in life as a “retiree” mirror closely my own! And I echo your recommendation for a scientist and long-time believer to also take the time for formal study in theology, which enriches one’s perspective.

3 Likes

It’s amazing sometimes how different the world looks after retirement.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.