We Believe in Dinosaurs documentary

Sounds a lot like our church – my husband’s family has been through a lot of good and bad leadership changes over the years and I really admire their focus on unity in all things. There are times when leaving is right, but otherwise we simply see it as “these are our people” even though we are probably “further left” than most there (which isn’t all that far left in the grand scheme of things). I appreciate hearing from you and others in similar circumstances. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DavidMacMillan, I look forward to this. I am taking it that Mr Ham’s accusation of seeking interview under false pretences is not true, as well–can you respond to that to help? thanks. It sounded that the group had intended to be up front and forthright with them from the beginning.

His response is extremely weak because he really has nothing substantiative to say.

The filmmakers were interviewing creationists at a YEC conference (in Ohio IIRC) and met Georgia Purdom; Purdom invited them to the Creation Museum to conduct a full interview. They were then asked if they wanted to see what the designers were working on, etc., and the rest was history. The team was up-front from the beginning that they were not creationists and they wanted to make a documentary about how creationists portray the science. It is amusing (and sad) that Ham claims the “biased film” is “designed to sway viewers to a specific conclusion” when the film literally just features creationists describing their own beliefs.

Ham is also operating off of inaccurate information. In December 2016, 137Films was approached by Warrior Poets to consult on the film’s editing and marketing, but they terminated that association after Spurlock admitted to sexual misconduct and stepped down from the company. AiG never “revoked their media access” or “declined any future interviews” in connection with this.

Ham is simply whinging.

I’m wrapping up an article that will hopefully go up later today in response to Ham’s hamming.

6 Likes

Wow - not even ‘technically’ true then! It’s worse than I thought - and here I was trying to be charitable. One wonders why the apparently successful Ark Encounter can’t pay back its own loans!

The ‘sin’ committed by the film is that they had the nerve to also give airtime to anybody not on board with party line.

I suppose we can wait to hear Mr. Ham begin complaining that reality is biased against him.

Ooh, link it here, I want to read it.

You guys seem just one step away from The Handmaid’s Tale!

1 Like

“Propaganda machine” is the right term for it.

There is no magic bullet. I had it in my pocket, but it got lost in the washing machine. Sorry.

2 Likes

:rofl: :heart:  

1 Like

Here you go. My response:

Also, it looks like Eric Hovind has gotten in on the action, asking (among other things) his troll army to go trash the documentary in Amazon and Rotten Tomatoes reviews.

4 Likes

Good response. I see the reviews on all those sites are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe we should tell Ham “that boat don’t float”

2 Likes

Good article. I’ve been wary in the past of throwing around terms like “con artist” because it sometimes implies motivations and other things that are difficult to discern in someone else. But I think you’ve sufficiently demonstrated that Ham used the community, and their prosperity does not appear to have been anywhere on the priority list for the Ark.

Not that we need to unleash an army, but still, for those who have watched the documentary, writing a review on Amazon or wherever you watched it would be helpful, and you could also mark other reviews “helpful” (to help them be more visible) if you believe they provide helpful information about the film.

2 Likes

I probably should’ve made a new thread for this, but I wanted to give Randy a heads-up that I featured his story in my new episode, Kierkegaard’s Complaint: Putting Adam ‘Fantastically Outside’ of History. To save you the trouble:

A friend recently related a story about reading a picture Bible to his 6-year-old daughter, and after Adam and Eve were thrown out of the garden for eating the fruit, she blurted out, “I just wish Adam and Eve hadn’t done that.” Kierkegaard refused to accept her verdict. It minimizes our own guilt, and it divorces Adam and Eve from the rest of humanity.

1 Like

When I was asked to take a family member to see the Ark Encounter, the most surprising discovery was how many dinosaurs were in cages in the ark.

It was surreal and preposterous.

1 Like

What did you think of the made up animals that supposedly differentiated into the various species. Was that a little weird?

Yes, the entire presentation is incredible.

And the nearby Creation Museum is of the same level of wild.

1 Like

lol, seems legit. Photo=proof, right? Take that evolutionist! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s really strange and hard for people to understand. They didn’t think it through.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reposted my op ed and didn’t mince words on the title…

4 Likes

Nice post, @Jay313. Thank you for making me famous :wink:

Seriously, well researched. Thanks

Thank you! It did take a minute to write. As for making you famous … :rofl:

1 Like