Video trailer for the Crossway Theistic Evolution book

Perverted men sometimes do have sex with animals. But the genetic differences are too great for any offspring to be conceived, let alone fertile offspring.

Point to all your evidence for this. Are professional geneticists excited about this hypothesis of yours?

How do you know their goals and what they did? How did the Nephilim inject their DNA into the animal kingdom? With an orgy that would make Game of Thrones blush? What about the problem of genetic compatibility? Crocoduck anyone?

Nothing is a problem in a cartoon world or in an episode of “The Walking Dead.” In the real world things are drastically different.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well, you can see statues of them in Ken Ham’s museum. And they fought dinosaurs in coliseums.

1 Like

Cool! And in other news, the new Jurassic World II trailer will be released tomorrow!

1 Like

So, I disagree with @r_speir, but his crazy idea is not so left field as you might imagine.

The position he is expounding is not invented by him. It is the story in the Book of the Watchers, which is part of the Books of Enoch, and are an ancient midrash on Genesis 6 from about 200 BC. This is actually one view of Genesis held by enough people. He is not inventing this. That is why you also echoes of this in Ken Hams imaginative diorama.

Before you knock it, it is worth understanding.

Now, I do not think this is what happened. I do not endorse this view (lest there be any doubt), but it does point to something about Genesis that we often miss. In my view, Genesis is full of ellipses, it’s enduring appeal is in that it invites to wonder.

1 Like

@Swamidass

Perhaps you missed part of the dialogue? He isn’t talking about the Neph. drama.

He is suggesting that some modern non-human primates are descended from the Neph!

It is possible I misread him. It is also likely he is deviating from the historical account. Sorry if I missed something key here, though even if he is wrong, it appears to be in the same “class” as Book of the Watchers.

@Swamidass

Well, yes… it’s in the same class. Humanoids of some kind of divine status, having sex with humans.

But in @r_speir’s scenario, the “humanoids of some kind of divine status” are having sex with proto-gorillas or proto-chimpanzees, and his “dare” to Geneticists is can they prove him wrong!

Since he has already started out with some kind of magical formula… I’m not quite sure R Speir is going to keep the target in one place long enough for anyone to prove anything.

But it makes for a great show!

2 Likes

Then how do you explain the fact that our entire genome is 98% similar to the chimp genome? Was Nephilim DNA already 98% similar to chimp DNA?

2 Likes

And let alone with animals that can tear them apart…

The only question is, what baker was forced to make the wedding cakes?

1 Like

It’s even crazier now, since we know about genetics. And even the ancients would understand that a giant tootsie roll wouldn’t fit into a small opening. Nevertheless, I wouldn’t be surprised to see some new pseudo-scholarly articles about how it would indeed be possible for divine beings to have sex with human females who in turn give birth to giants. Ouch!

1 Like

Needless to say all such articles would be written by men who have no actual experience with child birth.

2 Likes

They can claim that neonatal giants only weigh 6 pounds on average.

Since the supernatural creation of genetic diversity is already on the table, why stop there? We might as well propose that the babies were cocooned in a 4th dimension that reduced their mass and size, and upon birth they were quantum teleported out of the womb.

6 Likes

[actual LOL]

I’m happy to see that your comment treats this Nephilim scenario with all the seriousness it deserves.

1 Like

Maybe the crocoduck is real:

1 Like

Post deleted

So if somebody accused a man of getting a mare pregnant, the case should be taken seriously?

1 Like

No it isn’t. [quote=“r_speir, post:78, topic:37306”]
If Nephilim mated with concurrent beasts (and apocryphal literature says they did)
[/quote]

Apocryphal literature you’re appealing to? Seriously?

2 Likes