To what degree might chronological snobbery affect our thinking about the matters we discuss on this forum?

@Realspiritik

I love a good mystic “bath”.

But I don’t see how we can ever teach it in the public schools… it’s for the churches and the think-tanks!

We can’t even teach history and math to most students today… let alone mysticism!

And with the dearth of “good” private religious education (I endured 6 years of jr & senior high christian school…and was woefully unprepared for college (Messiah College for one year)…

You might still get some good instruction in it in a catholic school…if you can survive the nuns and the ruler on the knuckles!

But if you think a church can do better? Check this out: Sunday School’s Curriculum :grin:

Ray :sunglasses:

I tend to agree with James Madison:

“Every new & successful example therefore of a perfect separation between ecclesiastical & Civil matters is of importance. And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that Religion & Govt. will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”

I think we fall into the trap of thinking that kids aren’t allowed to learn things outside of class time. Education of children is also the responsibility of their parents, family, and community. I know that people have less time now than they did in the past, or at least it feels that way. However, education and learning should be something we do all of the time, not just in class.

3 Likes

Yes, Ray, I would be veery interested,
Al Leo

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.