And even when everyone at the party agreed we can bring the party To Good ol' Mike, to show how easy it would be... Mikey demurred that all that extra effort would be like bringing more sand to the Beach!
Then Good Ol' Mikey says no, my employer won't allow the party on company premises.
So a Pal asks, even if we brought a party bus onto the company parking lot, you wouldnt attend?
If at this point ol' Mikey said that isn't accurate... that he is really waiting for The Boss to give him permission....
1) Mikey just explicitly re-affirmed the pal's statement that he wouldn't attend the party even if rolled up to his job.
2) Mikey still insists that the pal is wrong... he would ... somehow attempting to imply if there were more than one bus, or came at the right time, that things would be different.
3) "....If only The Boss would allow it." Wha?!
4) 'The Boss' is Mike's nickname for a book.
5) Mikey's co-workers, about 30 million of them, have the same employer... and have read 'The Boss' as well. And they have all joined the party even when they had to walk to the party, while some got on the bus when it arrived in the company parking lot.
6) When they were asked 'What about The Boss'? Most of them said their Employer doesn't mind if they are at the party... and that their retirement is still safe and binding.
Rumor has it that Mikey still says his Pal is wrong... that he would get in a bus if it arrived... but only if he can find the page in 'The Boss' where it says he can.
7) There is no such page...and the Pal is still correct that Mikey would Not join the party even if a bus drove up!