The Ultimate Proof of Creation

LOL! “Ya can lead a horse to water …”
Here: look for this:

Oh, … gee, that looks remarkably like something you’d see if you clicked on the link that I shared in my last post to you. Here, … try that bugger again: Event (relativity)

Oh wait! I forgot. You’re heymike3, aren’t you? For you, God told me to share this with you: Thought experiment. You see, in English–at least in some of the States-- “hypothetical experiment” and “Thought experiment” are interchangeable, as in:

As a consequence, “a hypothetical, idealized event” and “a thought experiment involving idealized events instead of actual events” is possible, ergo–while immeasurable–the big boys in mainstream physics use them all the time to theorize and to teach and to think things through.

I wouldn’t expect you to; after all, until you get to the “water”, there is no “water” and you’re still thirsty, right?

1 Like

Zero hits on hypothetical or idealized in the wikipedia article.

Like McGilchrist said, it isn’t atheists vs believers. The real debate is between the epistemically humble in both those camps vs the fundamentalist extremists on both sides who will define their way to certainty and then push their views like a used salesman and recognize no common good which isn’t what promotes that hot mess. Like my South Carolina aunt would say, bless their itty bitty little hearts. They mean well.

1 Like

Try this: Einstein’s thought experiments, if that isn’t literal enough for you, maybe Dr. Jason Lisle, over at AiG, can explain the concept to you better.

Can you explain it in your own words?

I could, but it would just confuse you. Ergo, it’s pointless to try.

Ehhhh… visualized thought experiments… really… wow!

Please tell me that’s what you meant by hypothetical idealized events.

Come on Mark, or Captain Obvious as you referred to yourself, you went as far to agree with me about the impossibility for an infinite number of objects in space.

What I am saying is that I don’t know what came before the singularity.

That reads like word salad to me.

We could talk about objective evidence and its denial.

1 Like

I can almost agree with that about an uncaused cause. No where is it observed, and the notion of something affecting change without changing is a difficult concept to wrap your mind around, and yet that is what a person is with their ability to act.

Is God an uncaused cause?

What about spontaneous events? The nuclei of a uranium-238 atom just sits there, and then it spontaneously decays without anything acting on it. Is that an uncaused cause?

Neurochemistry and biochemistry changes when we act. Take away an active and changing brain and you take away the ability to act.

Nope. I said infinity can’t be treated as just another number.

1 Like

It depends on how the words are used. It’s definitely not something that can affect change without changing.

Contingent in being, but necessary with respect to acting.

It’s this ability to act that means a person can act as a first cause, and be uncaused in relation to the action.

What evidence is this based on? It seems that you are just asserting it.

1 Like

This was the comment

I’d call it an assertion based on my experience of being able to act.

I would suggest that our conscious experience can’t really tell us about the neurochemistry at the foundation of it.

Physicists are undecided whether the prediction of singularities means that they actually exist (or existed at the start of the Big Bang), or that current knowledge is insufficient to describe what happens at such extreme densities.

How do you reckon this makes your case when it is almost verbatim what I just said.

The trouble, I think, is you don’t use your thinking to figure anything out. It’s just rhetoric stacked up to look persuasive. Nope.