The Sacred Chain | The Challenge of Pain and Suffering

Eh… it’s a geometrical observation about a world where events occur and objects exist

Not sure if I told you about the time I attended a philosophy lecture at a nearby university. I attended an affordable state school, but this unaffordable private school would sometimes have events for a guest speaker and they would be open to the public.

After one such speaker spoke on a topic that I can’t recall, it felt relevant to make a comment at the end in the discussion portion. I said the metaphysical discussion begins with the objectivity of the world, and that there were only a handful of possible metaphysical statements that can be made about the world. I’m pretty sure I rattled them off. The comment was well received by the speaker and someone from the philosophy department took an interest in me afterward and asked if I would be attending the school. I was pretty well done with academic study at this point.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.