The Lost years of Christ and another conspiracy theories

When Jesus came it was to procure for us a way that we could be saved from sin and condemnation. He had very strict commands, ie: don’t lust or covet, do good to those who persecute you, love Him more than your father, mother, brother, sister and even your own life and many others. He said “Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God” this is a very strong statement. Without a pure heart a person has no hope of living in the presence of God.
He came to do the work of salvation, He is returning to execute justice, both for the righteous and the wicked. Justice for the righteous will be an entrance into the Kingdom of God. Justice for the wicked will be being cast into the Lake of Fire with the Devil and his angels.
The law was given to show sin so that the whole world would stand condemned, so they could see their need for the mercy of God and then seek for him with all their heart. Jesus came so that our “old man” would be executed so we could become New Creations in Christ, born again, a new spirit birthed in us by the Father.
Jesus was very strict and demanding, he requires absolute trust in Him, love for Him and obedience to Him. He is the King.

Jesus is King, but He is also Servant.

Prisons for the children because the didnt want to gather food?Comon

This quotation from Mark has posed problems for countless Christians. One ‘solution’ I was taught in parochial school involved the concept of Purgatory, which, even in my early teens. I considered a rather poor theological band-aid. Your interpretation based on ‘the self-destructive of sin’ makes better sense. However, I find a simpler explanation (Occam’s razor?) more likely: The original disciple who heard Jesus’ speak, or somewhere along the translation pathway into the King James Bible, three words were left out–"You must strive to be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect."

I am comfortable in considering the New Testament as Inspired, even tho some errors in translation exist.
Al Leo

Ah so no problem with pedophiles molesting children and rapists assaulting women just so long as they are trying to behave better. Sounds like hell to me. So no. I think your alteration is only needed when you equate perfection with never making a mistake. Then it makes no sense because our mistakes is part of how we learn. But these destructive habits which are the very difference between heaven and hell require require a bit more than toleration and saying you will get there eventually. I am not saying they cannot be saved but I think it is clear that only a place with a zero tolerance for such behaviors can be called a heaven of any kind.

Dont want to chime in,but aparently such place exists for the universalists

Most universalists I have encountered simply believe that you get to heaven eventually not that you go there immediately with all your bad habits unchanged. That strawman, at least, has no part in my rejection of universalism.

Yes jesus is King. Those who place their confidence (faith) in Him, love Him and obey Him as their King, will have an entrance into His Kingdom. He came to work salvation for all mankind but only those who submit to Him as Lord and King will find His mercy. All others will taste of His just wrath. Because of His cross, in this world we can be as He is. Christ in us is what changes and saves us. It’s all Christ. Through His cross and faith in His offering of Himself on it and His resurrection is our only hope of safety. Jesus is King and a mighty King he is. Let all fall before Him and worship Him.

Let us fall before Him and serve Him and His people… I am personally made sick by those who seem to think they are following Him by acting as King.

As He is, so are we in this world.
[[Mat 5:44/KJV]] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.
*[[Mat 5:7/KJV]] Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.