The Laws of Thermodynamics Prove the Existence of God

I do. It may help to think of entropy as representing how many different ways there are of being in a state: the more ways there are, the more likely your system will be in that state. If you have a bunch of nitrogen and oxygen molecules in a room, there are many, many more ways of having the molecules more or less uniformly mixed together than there are of having all of the oxygen molecules on one end of the room and all of the nitrogen on the other. So even in you start with the gases separated, when you check later you’ll always find them mixed throughout the room; that’s the higher entropy state. (And a good thing since we like being able to breathe oxygen.) Entropy of dark matter should increase just like in any other system of matter.

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks! I often wish i had a physicist about, so i could ask things.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m a geneticist now and I’ve replaced a lot of physics knowledge with other stuff. (Occasionally the two do get confused. More than a decade after leaving physics, I went to write down the length of a genome, which was 24 Mb (million bases), and instead wrote 24 MeV (million electron volts). Really not the same thing.)

3 Likes

24 Mb ≠ 24 MeV? Really? :flushed::grin:

1 Like

Geneticist is not so bad. Im not sure what I am.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.