The Bible Vs Scientism

Why? Because God can only do things in the way that you dictate, right? God cannot do what you prohibit and must do what you demand – slave to your made up theology. That way you can whip your god-tool out to condemn those who dare to disagree with you and to bestow salvation and eternal life to those you have declared entitled to it. Such are the fruits of your Biblicism. A convenient idolatry to imagine power and authority over the world by which you can lord it over others.

Scientific evidence is not about proof. It is about what is reasonable to believe. It is not reasonable to believe in your solid firmament table shaped earth rewritten by your Biblicism into to fit an incoherent fantasy of a global flood and a necromancer popping creatures into existence like an episode of Betwitched (with all humor subtracted).

It is reasonable to believe the results of written procedures which give the same result no matter what you want or believe, and which honestly tests its hypotheses rather than scrambling for any evidence to support your rhetoric and ignoring everything that disagrees.

Of course… only when you demand total slavery of the mind to your Biblicism can it then be used to transform good people into genocidal fanatics.

I will encourage the already millions of children of fundies realizing that science isn’t wrong and there’s nothing in the Bible and worldwide Christianity to require such a thing. So that you will not be able to make babies and brainwash them fast enough to maintain this power seeking cult.

1 Like

Let me rephrase the question… Is there any valid SCRIPTURAL reason to take anything in Gen 1 as metaphorical? If so, point it out to me.

Genesis 2 

2 Likes

Then you do not believe the creation as God Himself described it. Okay. I find your, “God was talking to dummies and so had to LIE to them and tell them things that didn’t actually happen” crap insulting to me, you, the “dummies”, and to God.

Btw, who do you suppose God said, “Let us make man in our image” to? Was He not actually speaking then?

Good man. Now we know where we stand. What should we do with witches Mike?

2 Likes

I suppose you should prove that they are in fact a witch before doing anything else. I’m here on trial. Make your case.

Well, I guess that means I truly have been wasting my time trying to discuss any of this with you. Enjoy your “ancient” view of the world, and may you not fall off the edge.

7 Likes

No, no, no, no, no. You tell me what we should do with them.

And what should I do if I wanted to breed strong, streaked, speckled and spotted sheep?

2 Likes

If the firmament is solid, how do spacecraft leave earth? And how do meteorites get in?

1 Like

That’s so Hollywood!

1 Like

Yes, Jesus was addressing a question about divorce. His answer was to point to the very creation of man (“the beginning of creation” in his words) because of what was said at that time. Maybe Matthew’s account will help…

Matthew 19:3-5… Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? (Gen 2:24) So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

In answering about divorce, Jesus pointed out that from the beginning of creation, God created mankind both male and female so that they would pair up, cling to each other, procreate, and live happily ever after as one flesh instead of the two they used to be.

So yes, in his answer about divorce, Jesus indeed confirmed that the creation of mankind was recent, and not 13 billion years AFTER “the beginning of creation”.

You are now free to do whatever you please with your dusty sandals. :wink:

Too late. . . .

4 Likes

And I just used the parallel account in Matthew to show your error. I mean, Jesus even quoted Genesis in his answer about divorce, right? So now what?

Show me one of these “tenuous” verses that I’ve used… and explain my misunderstanding of that verse. Thanks.

I’d also love to see one of these verses so we could discuss it. Thanks.

Great. Then the two requests I just made to Jammy go to you as well. Thanks.

Wow! Thank you. That was well said and basically what I’ve been saying all along.

Incorrect. I believe what God Himself actually says in the earth and sky and I do not believe what sinful people have described in their Biblicism cult twisting the God’s communication to people with limited understanding into making God a liar. Relativity and quantum physics did not have be described to people two millennia ago in order to be true any more than CPR had be described to people two millennia ago in save people suffering from cardiac arrest.

Ok. I find your “kindergarten teachers and story tellers are just liars” crap quite insulting to a very large number of people. But it is your effort to make God a liar in everything He says to us in the earth and sky which is far more offensive to God Himself.

He was not speaking English or with tongue and vocal cords, and He was not speaking to Moses. Perhaps He was either speaking to the angels or He was speaking among the different persons of God. Regardless it was according to His own measure of time and certainly had nothing to do with the time it takes the sun to move back to the same place in the sky… which defines 24 hour periods.

I asked you this… “And for God’s sake, why are they DEAD so that God will have to make them alive again after these intervals? What was this third small interval of time on which they not only started living again, but were RAISED UP to life?”

What is your answer?

I certainly didn’t say any such thing. How could I, knowing that it rained for 40 days and nights?

Psalm 110:1… The LORD said to my lord, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”

We all know the prophetic meaning of this statement. What is the initial meaning that “has to” refer to something in David’s time on earth?

I’m not aware of any such thing in scripture as an “everlasting seventh day of creation”. Where can I read about that?

And you know what I noticed? You failed to answer a single one of the three easy Yes or No questions I asked. How about you do that, and then we’ll talk more about Deut 5:14? Thanks.

And do you know what I noticed? You don’t answer my questions. How about responding?

Try reading the actual text and not a commentary.

This is not literal. When has God torn us apart? When has He attacked us? When was the nation of Israel (who this was written for) dead?

So we have to worry about being made into a piece of furniture?

It’s really a thing, but I don’t have time to dig up the references now.

The questions require more than a simple yes or no. Kind of like the question, “Have you stopped beating your wife?”

Edit to add:

Answers to your 3 questions.
No.
No.
Yes. See above.

1 Like

Well, Mr. Boll, we vill see if you are up to answering questions.

3 Likes