Tha nature of humankind and the image of God

Which basically justifies my views . Since we disrespect our own image.

It’s pointless though. That’s why I don’t agree with the answer Michael gives.

We cannot do that. No one is unable to “destroy his sin” no matter how saintly Christian he is. That’s the my problem with it

Well let time pass and we’ll see I guess. Temptations don’t always work in the begining. But as Nitche said “stare too long to the Abby’s and it will stare back”. Sooner or later his behaviour will change. That’s my opinion as a misanthrope though so take it with a grain of salt

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

The descendants of Adam and Eve were mighty men of renown and the leaders of human civilization.

The fantasy reading of this as being about angels breeding with humans and giving birth to fairy tale giants comes from the book of Enoch which is NOT scripture.

1 Like

I never saw it before, but this is apparently the cultural background and significance of Jesus’ miraculous conception

You have overlooked a crucial portion of what I had said. In hope of bringing clarity, I’ll emphasize:

It isn’t about being “saintly” (whatever that may mean) or necessarily even being Christian (though this provides a powerful framework by which to proceed if understood properly). The manifestation of our sin is irrationality, and one cannot overcome this irrationality without endeavoring to bring its source into focus. To willfully disregard this quest and its purpose is to resign oneself to “gazing into the abyss” exactly according to the Nietzsche quotation which you’ve misappropriated.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you are trying to say… that Jesus is a half-breed human & angel? The “Prophecy” movies suggest such a thing and it is entertaining. But I don’t think that is compatible with Christian theology.

I’m not saying anything other than what has been traditionally understood with Jesus’ miraculous conception, but it does come across as a Jesus is better than moment. Other heros were conceived by the gods, but Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Well I don’t think it is a matter of genetics that the descendants of Adam and Eve were leaders of human civilization. I think it is the ideas communicated to them by God, things like love and justice, which brought the human mind to life.

As for the virgin birth, I will defend the possibility but I don’t have any great attachment to that teaching. It is not genetics which made Jesus special but His unbreakable relationship with the Father. And He was constantly trying to teach us that we could be the same.

1 Like

Jude says they were angels who didn’t stay in their proper abode.

Those “heroes” were also conceived either by actual sexual intercourse or by magic, neither of which applies to Christ.

No Jude does not say anything of the kind. Jude makes reference to angels which did not keep their proper abode but that is all. There is nothing to connect these with anything in Genesis.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.