TE and Miracles

Of course when women have their choice taken away from them by criminals and are subjected to humiliation by rapists then the law should treat them as criminals, refuse them any choices over their lives and continue their humiliation. Oh wait… it is Kosovo or the United Sates?

(sarcasm font)

3 Likes

There seems to be a thought that explaining miracles somehow diminishes them? Would knowledge out of time be considered miraculous? It would not break any laws of physics but it would defy explanation. And if, when that knowledge becomes public, the miracle is explained it would still be a miracle. And, it would be vanity to think that we know all of the possible scientific knowledge to explain miracles that seem to defy current “laws”. Healing miracles will always be ambiguous in terms of what actually healed them. There is much about the brain and its ability to heal that could explain things that might be considered medically impossible.
The upshot of this ramble is that miracles can exist without contradicting the so called “laws” of the universe, which are at best observations, and not binding to the universe itself. Perhaps we can leave room for knowledge to increase and some miracles to be just unexplainable for the time being.

Richard

Is it possible for a woman to love the stranger, the neighbor in her womb regardless of who the father is or the circumstances involved?

Possible, even probable due to the unique relationship between mother and child, but that is not the point. There is trauma and memory that can,persist and cause untold problems and conflicts. It should be the mother’s decision as to whether she can get past them, not idealism.

Richard

1 Like

Yes, we certainly would not want to base our behavior on any ideals. How we feel at the moment is more important.

Is that you sarcastic font?

Richard

Ironic. (There is a difference, undetectable to the eye.)

I still find it in bad taste.

Richard

Jesus used a lot of irony. The Pharisees didn’t like it either.

And there was I thinking that Christians care about people. I don’t remember Jesus being flippant about peoples’ feelings or hurt. But I do remember HIm pointing out that rules and ideals are for the benefit of people not to hurt them further. If a woman has been assaulted and violated, her mental care goes beyond the sanctity of life for the child that was forced upon her.

Richard

1 Like

the question would be who in their insane mind would want to kill the innocent baby instead of the rapist?

A very early term abortion, 4-6 weeks, is something I wouldn’t see as murder. It would still be sad as it is a potential life with all the wonder that entails. But the decision is deeply personal for a woman who is suffering the trauma of rape.

Killing the rapist is a bit drastic. If the egg has hardly developed it’s little different from a period. The fertilization should not have happened.

The morality of any termination is a very grey area.

Richard

its a life with potential, not a potential life. Abortion does not make rape undone but burdens the woman with the additional trauma of having killed a human, an act worse than being raped. This is why the majority of rape victims falling pregnant carry theri baby to term to win the moral victory against the perpetrator

1 Like

At 4-6 weeks, I don’t see it as murder, and I don’t see it in the Bible that way either. So I wouldn’t burden a woman with this moral judgement.

see Coker v. Georgia - Wikipedia about the end of the death penalty for rape.
If a woman aborts a baby following rape as described in the article about the situation in Kossovo, is the guilty party the woman in distress or the soldier who raped her with the intention of destroying her and her people?

see Deuteronomy 22:25 for the biblical context.

One could settle for castration of the rapist instead of the death penalty as a more adequate measure that you might favour, but the woman is the victim in such cases and acts under duress.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.