Strictly hypothetical. What if? How good is your imagination?

The biblical Jericho account includes the promise to Hagar that her household would be spared, and the army was told not to harm her house. Anyone who has dealt with open fires knows that you have to keep them away from buildings.

Seriously dude, have these archaeologists considered that there’s no way the army would have been stupid enough to just torch the buildings in situ, and risk killing her or destroying her home? They would have demolished the other buildings, piled the wood a distance away, and burned it safely- just like I did when we demolished a wing of our old wooden barn.

Have you considered that Jericho may have relocated for awhile? That is not unprecedented.

When Copernicus published De revolutionibus orbium coelestium in 1543 it was condemned by the Lutheran, Reformed, Catholics and pretty much every Christian movement. A key argument against it was the lack of an observe annular stellar parallax. He was right and they were wrong. But it took nearly 300 years before the technology reached the point that a parallax could be observed.

Yet you have concluded that the biblical accounts are fictional based on outdated interpretations and incomplete exploration. Kenyon did excellent work which has been validated by subsequent radioactive dating and other additional archaeological evidence. But Kenyon’s work was only 70 years ago. By Copernicus’ standard we have another 230 years of research, not only in archaeological, but also in biblical research.

Seriously dude, you need to have an open mind.

This statement and several others show me that you aren’t familiar with what the Bible actually says about the siege of Jericho.

If you have articles in professional, peer-reviewed journals of archaeology that reflect your views I’d be happy to take a look at them. (And I don’t mean noodling around on the internet.)
It should be an article you have read yourself. The whole article, not just an abstract.

Otherwise, we aren’t getting anywhere here.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.