So based off the last podcast

I understand. I’m not pushing for it either way. I’m perfectly fine if it’s very diverse or no more diverse than it is now.

I was just asking based off the previous podcast what was the direction they were trying to go. Was it mostly just everyone talking about systematic oppression with each podcast or was it more focused on having a diverse group of people who share similar views. I was just purely curious on how it was going to be approached.

1 Like

We will definitely be seeking out scientists and other experts in their fields, as we source every author or guest, as race is not a primary topic for us here, but more of a secondary one as it relates to our overarching topic of human identity, but not necessarily every other topic we cover.

2 Likes

I’ve been here since BioLogos opened to the public. I posted the very first comment to a posted article. Francis Collins remembers. Back then the board was hosted by BeliefNet.

Anyway, I’m talking about people who are not just commenters, but people who are allowed to create “official” posts. That would include Darrell Falk, Karl Giberson, Denis Lamoureux, Mark Sprinkle and many more, and also many guest posters, including an agnostic philosopher and an ID creationist.

btw, BioLogos doesn’t archive its posts when it switches to another system.

Right. But it’s been on this system of separate published articles on the BioLogos website and Discourse Forum since 2014. That’s six years of BioLogos 11 year history, more than half. So the idea that they only recently switched to the current format (which has women regularly participating on the forum and women regularly writing articles and women serving on all levels of staff, leadership, and speakers) is just counting wrong.

Barely more.

I was talking about creating “official” posts on the forum.

But there’s no such thing and hasn’t been in years. I’m still not understanding.

Here’s an example. Dennis Venema was on staff then. Evolution as a Scientific Theory - Article - BioLogos

Okay, those are the equivalent of BioLogos blog posts. But what are you talking about that women have “only recently” been included in writing BioLogos articles? Bethany Sollereder was a BioLogos fellow at the same time as Dennis.

Sure there are a few token females around. But when you are here year after year, day after day, you get a different perspective.

I don’t feel like this site could have token females or
anyone. I think it’s just a small niche. Most people who are active Christians don’t believe in evolution and most people who sincerely believe in evolution don’t believe in God.

Then those that do and their beliefs overlap often keep them compartmentalized and don’t try to “get out of the boat” and confront it. Then those same people also have to hear about BioLogos. Then they have to search it out and find it and become posters in the forum and so on.

Anyone is to admit that it’s a small gate. I only heard about this place by accident. I don’t think they are doing anything to encourage white males to come here. No more than the scientific community in general in English speaking. Actions is actively seeking mostly white men.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.