Should it be called 'Science'? Or should it be called 'reality'?

The spirit I perceive is ignorance augmented by indifference and enhanced by pity. Within the church much can be done by more-than-willing volunteers for free. Even more could be done by allowing those with disabilities of all kinds to be part of decision-making processes and actual leadership. But we tend not to share power with the pitiful. Building community/communion within the Body, properly valuing all its parts as necessary members of the whole would lead to churches that opperate very differently, and I think have a far better chance to reach and serve the community outside their doors.

Sounds like you have everything.

The power of the spirit done in His Spirit (being merciful, helpful) rule over poor intent. Goodness has authority over poor and ill intent (reflected in their attitude, emotions). The trick is to get them to realize their intent. “This is what we can do, do you see any good reason why we can’t?”, or “This is a good thing, why do you want to stop us instead of helping?” If the answer has poor intent, goodness can decide, figure out how. Be sure it includes and accommodates everyone. Keep it centered on whats good and let goodness rule. The power is in the goodness. I’ve seen some in their boldness delare under a banner of goodness that this is happening and the leader backs down.

Ps 32:2. is key, different than verse 1.

It’s late here, best to consider your situations as I’m not sure I’m being clear on my side either.

How should you be punished for that ill intent?

By the same measure they used is suggested.

I mainly acknowledge the decider being the same mercy given in return. If they are not merciful, neither are others towards them is more natural and factual than philosophical.

But I personally don’t desire to judge unless they are looking to harm someone else physically or emotionally.

This is a fascinating aspect of Jesus’ teachings to me. It has a very ‘folksy’ flavor to it of fair play and “getting back as you’ve dealt it out”. To me this gives us a very natural motivation to want to be lenient with others at least if we are hoping for some leniency ourselves. It isn’t really ‘grace’ per se, but a motivation to show grace if we hope ourselves to enjoy some grace. What I see it pointing most harshly at is the hypocrisy that we all love to identify, always in other people of course - where they don’t themselves live up to what they expect others to live up to. That seems to be one of the things that Jesus (and God) have no patience for, and with the expectation - or even tacit permission - that we shouldn’t have patience with it either - most of all as it applies to ourselves, but even as we may see others doing it. It’s one of those places where Jesus doesn’t upset the status quo - and reinforces something that cultures are generally already eager to do: See standards fairly and consistently enforced - or consistent generosity with others as you would want allowed for yourself. If that isn’t a motivation to not be a legalist in everything - I don’t know what is.

1 Like

To look a little deeper is the authority of goodness over poor and ill intent when exposed. The debating stops, the spirits have already been judged so proceed to sentence. Should we reason with anger or put it on trial as if doing it out of anger is innocent? Jesus didn’t reason or debate with demons. Seems they were already judged. The ability to sentence suggests the Christian coat of armor. Good has authority and armed. grin. Trying to exercise it properly often needs work, practice, and patience.

I totally agree with you, very ‘folksy’, down to earth, sets legal foundations, and is simple for a child to understand. Good rules, not us.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.