Selfishness vs. Co-operation: What drives evolution?

@Relates,

Roger, I have no idea what that means…

I always argue that evolution is a consequence of the word of God - e.g. to love thy neighbour like thyself e.g loving your neighbours like the ones that are of your tribe or of your own kind and (not your neighbour like yourself e.g. being selfish. Self centered love will not sacrifice oneself even for your own offspring / future. Ourselves can still be misunderstood as selfish in that context.

Mutations can be random and as we all go back to our maker one day or another that is the only fair selection as you cannot come to heaven based on your works, e.g. “earn a positive mutation”. The rule of survival however is to love thy neighbour. If you don’t care about him you either die because he was an important part of the food chain or you overexploit the land plundering your neighbours.you will eventually piss of enough of them so they delete you or as God saiys in the OT "he will send in his army. The other form of selfishness is that overexploiting your resources will leed to population collapse. If for example we use pesticides to increase the crop yield without love for the bees we will remove ourselves from the genepool. The skill is to recognise your neighbour in need who might even be your perceived enemy or resource competitor, as explained by Jesus.
Once I started to think about it I saw a logic behind it. You can dabble around for a bit and try and learn and adapt but if you don’t learn to love thy neighbour you self delete. After all. the word of God is the fundamental law of existence, even for stars and planets and there is only one eternal self in existence that you want to learn to live in.

To live forever is the art
to learn to live in every heart

So I wish you all that Jesus lives in your heart and you don’t think of him living in the sky or as I prayed to God since my childhood

Ich bin klein
mein Herze mach rein
soll niemand drin wohnen
als Jesus allein.

After all , the only time he talked about howto love addressing individual selfs instead of “theyselves” he told them to love one another as he had loved them as they were ready to understand that he was the selfless love in person

lots of love to everyone here
and I hope I stayed on subject and was not “grandstanding” or seen as offensive to anyone but it boils down to 3 words “love thy neighbour” to those who tease others about doing things in 3. One could say just “love” would do but the rule of a coherent uttering is SPO, subject, predicate object :slight_smile:

@Casper_Hesp

You are beginning to catch one.

I am glad that George is too.

1 Like

Thank you, Marvin. The Trinity is everywhere, esp in language, SPO

Jesus the Logos stands Darwinism on its head. Instead of constant struggle for self survival, we have redeeming Love in God’s Kingdom. Instead of life ending in meaningless death, those who love are fulfilled in Eternal Life with God. and God’s People.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.