Scientific hypotheses make empirical predictions

And what he documented at the output could not be derived from the input, even in principle.

Benkirk: You’re very mistaken there.

Nirenberg tagged the amino acids, introduced a known input, and documented the output. He demonstrated the relationship of poly-U to phenylalanine. By no other means would we know the genetic code.

This is intentional deception on your part. Like I said earlier, you don’t need me around for that.

I’m pointing out that observations have been made that you are ignoring.

Again, your hypothesis:

If stop functions are NECESSARY as stated in the hypothesis, a SINGLE exception is sufficient to falsify the hypothesis, correct?

It took me literally 30 seconds to find the relevant empirical literature.

Not at all. If something you claim to be necessary really isn’t, it tells us a lot about how it likely evolved and was not designed.

There’s no deception. Try to state Nirenberg’s work as he saw it: a brilliant example of multiple hypothesis testing (most of which were falsified), one huge step in a long, iterative process. And the output is simply empirical, cpm in experimental vs. control. They baked everything in before they knew the results.

Where are your empirical predictions?

More deception.

You are deceiving yourself Ben. I provided 9 observables in a test, and you were only able to attack one of those, and in that one instance you were forced to make a massively unwarranted assumption which no biologist in the world would make (i.e. since xyz protein can survive stop codon anomaly, the living cell does not need to control protein length). And after multiple corrections on this point, you persist with the deception, as you wrap yourself in the flag of science. You had an intellectual choice of addressing the issue in earnest, or continuing with your deception for rhetorical purposes. You failed to make the right choice.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.