Richard Dawkins & Francis Collins: Biology, Belief and Covid

That assumes that the base state of all being is pure nothing along with Being(s) capable of creating ordinary beings out of that nothingness. Starting from nothing but pure creator being(s) seems far more extravagant to me than simply assuming all that is has come from earlier states ad infinitum. Not sure what the appeal of going from nothing to something is especially when the nothing already includes a Something capable of deploying everything.

And I agree with that completely. When I arbitrarily defined the “stages”, the first few may not have required design, but only natural processes (who knows). There are now sound theories for a natural developement of a membrane and nucleotides for the first life. But at some point in the “next stage(s)” more is required and has been a complete and total to scientists. That point may have been the RNA synthases. After that point, evolution could have occurred without further intervention.

I’m not saying that there wasn’t any, just that it might have been unnecessary.

That is why I intentionally left out the very start. Whether the BB 14.8 Bya was natural or by Gods creation is a topic I ignored. Besides it is irrelevant to my point about biological evolution requirements after the first life ~4Bya.

Then you favor an infinite regress of cats. That’s a little difficult to philosophize to be real – it is just an imaginary and pretend horizon, exactly like there cannot be an infinity of things in the future, right, @heymike3? Children do make the best philosophers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.