Revisiting Evolution as God's way of creating

Excerpts from Romans 9 -

Rom 9:13
As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
[TRANSLATION: God does not love everyone.]

Rom 9:14
What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
[TRANSLATION: You are forbidden from criticizing God for not loving everyone.]

Rom 9:15
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
[TRANSLATION: He tells Moses that he doesn’t love everyone.]

Rom 9:16
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
[TRANSLATION: It is not up to man’s efforts, but God’s grace that some our loved.]

Rom 9:17
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
[TRANSLATION: God arranges that some people are doomed to show God’s power.]

Rom 9:18
Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
[TRANSLATION: God will destroy some humans who cannot resist him.]

Rom 9:19
Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
[TRANSLATION: Since no one resists God’s will, why does God blame us?]

Rom 9:20
Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
[TRANSLATION: Just because it is logical to “reply” against God … you don’t have the right to.]

Rom 9:21
Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
[TRANSLATION A Potter makes what he needs with clay.]

Rom 9:22
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
[TRANSLATION God is like a potter.]

MORAL OF THE STORY: Romans 9 says God deliberately creates people (completely vulnerable to God’s volition) that suffer harm from how they are created.

From the viewpoint of Theodicy . . . God is the author of human suffering. And you don’t have the right to complain.

@Shanecolburn525

God created humans to breathe air. If we drown we die, because we cannot breathe air. Can we blame God for that too?

1 Like

@Shanecolburn525
Parsing and Meaning. ἐμίσησα Verb, aor act indic, 1 s - μισέω. μισεω hate, despise, be indifferent to. [Strongs 3404]
you clearly believe to be God like you and waste his energy in the process of hate. Just shows the mental incapacity of translators with regards to logic. God would not hate as it would be denial of himself, thus logically incoherent. It looks we reach the limitations of language talking “wrath” as it is equally incoherent considering that God in order to have wrath would have to be denied control of a situation.

Similar the penalty for our material ,thus by definition time bound existence is it’s termination. There is nothing wrong with that as you can only hope you learned something whilst material that will benefit the system.
" what does the evolutionary creationist say to a mother who’s baby was born deformed and died in her arms? "
When God created the universe he knew that we all will need to die a material death, some of us much earlier than others. But what you will be rewarded with for the rest of your earthly life will be the knowledge that you allowed this life to exist and to bring it as far as you could. After all, that is what he created life for. Being all knowing he knew pretty well that some will turn selfish and terminate such life on their terms and kill it as not to bear the responsibility to support it, and truely I say to you those who do so will struggle to find the way.

Now if you consider that truth of causality and accept that all effects are known to the ultimate cause he will well know who will die were and when as this knowledge is bound into the ultimate cause. There is no way anything could be different as it is causally predetermined.

Now you may ask where that leaves free will? Dow we have it? God gave is the ability to practice free will, as the worst that anyone can do that uses his free will against his will is to kill others. To a materialist that is difficult to swallow as it means that free will would cause his termination- which it will indeed. It is the limitation of the atheist/ materialist that if he wants “my will be done” instead of “thy will be done” as only the truth can remain in existence and if your will is not in line with what is true you selfdelete.
To God our physical death is not a problem, do you not come back to him free of the constraints of space and time? So where would the harm be in physical death? Suffering death is only a problem to those who do not live in God or Jesus

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.