Resource list for non-YEC material?

I have not seen this kids version before, but I have the adult version and it is very much along that lines of seeing creation as something that calls us to stand in awe of God. I don’t remember there being any anti-science stuff there. In fact, I think Jennifer Wiseman (NASA scientist and friend of BioLogos) wrote a promo for it.

1 Like

I ordered this book for my 4 year old grandkids, thought it was good, neutral as to origins, but presents the creation of light as something more as something that surrounds us and is within us rather than a strictly literal thing.
I think that by presenting broader concepts from an early age may help kids in understanding conceptional ideas later. Anyway, nice little book.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it’s a good one – I read a preview of it once and the rhymes made me think of Dr. Seuss a little bit, which is always a good thing.

Also along the lines of creation, I read this board book on NetGalley and plan to get it as a Christmas present – it uses opposites to illustrate parts of the creation story – very simple, but good.

Yes, my wife and I read this 13 years ago when dating. Good one…
Boundaries in Dating.

1 Like

I just saw that Matthew Paul Turner has another children’s book coming out in 2020 – When God Made the World.

https://www.amazon.com/When-Made-World-Matthew-Turner/dp/0525650660

“For spiritual parents who are looking for a different kind of creation book, Matthew Paul Turner’s When God Made the World focuses on the complex way that God created our vast and scientifically operating universe, including the biodiversity of life on our planet and the intricacies of a vast solar system.”

I might have to get this one… I’m curious how “different” it will be. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A little late reply, but my grandkids are here this week and my daughter reads them a devotional out of Giglio’s book Indescribable nightly, and it is excellent. Last nights devotion was on the Life cycle and death of a star, going supernova in a beautiful burst and how beauty can come from death as God’s grace burst forth from Jesus’ death on the cross.

I know Giglio sorta stepped in it recently, but from what I see his little devotion book for kids is great.

1 Like

We interviewed him about it! :slight_smile: