Regarding Universalism

This majesty and respect is the concern and obsession of the religious, not God.

I am only interested in principles not in wild personal judgements.

I am certainly saying that we cannot hurt God. The victims of sin are ourselves not God.

God was certainly grieved and sorry that He had made man when He saw that the thoughts of men were only evil continuously. Such are the feelings of a parent when His children are abused (or lost). But I would have no respect for a parent who made it all about them rather than the children who were victimized (or lost).

No, God is not and cannot be a victim.

The heaven you describe is a tomb.

I believe in eternal life… where there is always growth and learning. And there where there is learning there is repentance. That is why repentance is so important.

A theology which looks for a way to do away with repentance for the entitled.

Jesus says many time… Your sins are forgiven so go and sin no more. No special song and dance required for forgiveness because the whole point is to change the habits which are destroying us.

For you this seems to be all about rewards, whereas I think it is about life – and what a good life requires, both here/now and forever.

Those are contradictory.

So you expect there to be sinning in Heaven that needs to be repented of. Heaven is what we were talking about, after all.

Those are contradictory.

I disagree. Your declarations are unhelpful. You may explain the contradictions you see or stop wasting our time.

I expect there to be life in heaven. Repentance isn’t only about sin.

Grieving someone is not hurting them. Right. Got it.

It does not follow that if someone is grieved and sorry that therefore someone grieved and harmed him.

He was sorry that He had man. Things did not turn out the way He had hoped. So He regretted making man at all. It does not follow that if one regrets something they have done that they have therefore been victimized by someone.

It does when we are talking about persons, and we are, your recent edit above notwithstanding. Harm does not necessarily denote diminish or victimize. If God cannot feel emotional pain induced by other persons, then someone besides me is talking about a “made-up ‘god’”.

What I will never agree with is this notion that hurting God’s feeling (what you call grieving Him) is some kind of crime worthy of punishment. No I can have no admiration for a being with such an attitude and no I do not believe God can be hurt in any way like that. I think this is an invention of the religious for their own entitlement.

And this is not the same as thinking God is not worthy. Quite the contrary, I am certain God IS worthy because He does NOT lash out at people for not giving Him what the religious demand as His due. Though I have little doubt that the religious have fabricated such things for their own benefit.

1 Like

So you appear to deny that this is possible,

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

…and that feelings, emotions, have nothing to do with the personhood of God. How about love? Anger? Hate?

You also seem to excessively emphasize ‘the religious’ for some reason, and what you permit or allow. It’s actually all about the reality of the fatherhood of God, and our relationship to him, the archetypal [F]ather. I guess loving fathers don’t have your permission to get justifiably grieved or angry at disrespect and disobedience.

You certainly appear to be implying that I am one such. What have I ‘fabricated for my own benefit’ besides being a child of God? There is no fabrication in that!

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.