Reconciling Evolution | Part One

Let’s try changing the title: “Reconciling Faith with Evolution.”
[In that title, can we assume that “Faith” actually means “Christian Faith?” My mind is too small for all faiths.]
Does it mean better? Does it work? Is there anything for any of us to work with?
What do you see as possible with this?

Aye, I’m a Christian faith chauvinist too. But that is the broadest church. Best case Christian faith is certainly the most evolution, as a subset of eternal nature, friendly.

I take it the better and work questions can be taken as one?

I can make faith work by not distorting truth. I can make it fit around reality. By faith. No problem. Except that that’s all that’s left. Faith, the substance of things hoped for. Desired. Pruned of… all other stuff we make up.

…which is why St. Puddleglum is my patron.

2 Likes

Thank you for this.

I think most of us are trying to do this with greater or lesser success, using finer or sloppier tools.
We do the best with what we’ve got.
Even the folks who named the podcast.

It’s good to be around people who reject (and won’t tolerate) enforced intellectual/spiritual schizophrenia, even if we don’t always agree on the details or vary in our processing speeds.
Thanks for being willing to graciouly share your perspective.

1 Like

You’re too kind Kendel. I’m afraid that I’m more blunt than I should want to be.

1 Like

My kids loved Dino Dan, the precursor. And they were exposed to good, Canadian accents and culture! Come to think of it, it features the Royal Tyrrell Museum, and I think @DOL isn’t far from there (about 3 hours).

In that case, thanks for taking it easy on me.