Randomness shorn of people and books

I think there are several, and its in flux at the moment. Just my impression. But I should let Eddie answer.

The convenient solution is to not use the phrase “Intelligent Design” all by itself… but to add a qualifier that makes it clear WHICH version of “Intelligent Design” is being used.

I would propose: “Old Earth Intelligent Design” (OE.ID).

As always, everything revolves around the idea of “Old Earth”.

George

I completely endorse your comments.

If ID was JUST focused on the Atheists, it would be much easier on BioLogos. But we have some very ambitious ID folks who tilt against the Atheists AND against the Old Earthers of BioLogos!

But if we can keep herding the kittens … and reminding people that it is OK with the goals of BioLogos when Christians conceive of God being VERY busy and miraculous with the genetic composition of Earth’s life forms (either by vigorously controlling the ecosystems-ala-Roger-that-shape-genetics . . . and/or controlling DNA molecules directly!).

How can we fail when we have the Power of God behind both of our movements . . . and the plain observations of our senses regarding the antiquity of our solar system, our planet, and our ancestors!

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.