Random and failed

Back to the topic…

The only thing worthy of mocking is the idea of the intelligent design of living things. With design subtracted from the picture, the poor choices are a part of life. We learn by making mistakes.

God’s creation is about parenting in which efficiency and perfect comfort really has no place. It is the idea of parenting which is efficient and secure from all possible harm which sounds sadistic to me. Parenting is like teaching your child to ride a bike. Insisting on efficiency or perfect safety in such a task is just plain deranged.

This expresses my position on the problem of evil to a tee.

1 Like

There is nothing humble about accepting one’s limits, when one has no choice. I believe that God created the “laws of nature,” which can not be eternal, because the universe is physical and finite. Therefore God is truly humble because God accepts the limits that God has created, because they are good for us and the Creation, not good for God.

God is the Source of all all power. That means that if humans or any created being has any power they must receive it from God. Some people seem to think that God is unable to share power with others and others seem to think that God is unwilling to share power with others. I believe that God is truly humble in that God is truly able and willing to share power with God’s Creation.

The fact that the essence of God’s Creation is God’s sharing Godself is the link between natural law and spiritual law. Jesus said, “Blessed be the meek (humble and unselfish,) for they shall inherit the earth.”
Mt 5:5 This is in contrast to what the survival of the fittest and the Selfish Gene say, “the strongest survive.”

We live in a Dualist world. Our focus is on the physical, when it needs to be on the physical, the rational, and the spiritual. That is a why we need trinitarian worldview that put our attention on how things work together, rather than work against each other.

The laws of nature cannot be created. They can only be created with.

The only possible exceptions are a few key notes.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.