Question about antitheists and salvation

Because that was never what Christ was about.

You want the same thing but on a global scale instead of a National one.

But clearly that is not God’s agenda. Do you have a right to dictate what God does?

Instead of telling God what He should do, or should have done, you might try and understans what He has done and is encouraging us to do.

You are looking for an easy fix. Sorry, but it doesn’t exist.

Richard

An almighty God cant do an easy fix? Why do you put limitations on what he can do and what not?

Sorry but again i dont understand why the theists always argue that he is almighty all loving etc etc and when they are confronted with a similar question about God they are like “thats not how it works” or “he wont do that”

He is almighty for his sake.Thats not the only way he could .

And that is the root of all your questions and assertions.

The underlying answer is that we have no right to tell God anything or demand anything of Him. That is part of the concept of God. The moment we claim superiority of purpose, morality or any other aspect of life we are claiming to be above God, which contradicts the definition of God.

The Bible repeats the Mantra

My ways are not your ways and my thoughts are not your thoughts.

You may see that as a get-out clause but there it is.

Richard

It’s good thought I think. Why would God not teach us like good parent does? I also think it’s important to be present during teaching. But if we take the Bible as true, God already did that, and he failed. With the first humans, he gave them clear rules, he was there with them, gave them duties to do, world to explore and take care of, he would surely help them whenever they had doubts. At least I think that’s how it worked. But they rejected him, they knew him, who he was, that he created it all, that he was wise, powerful, and yet they distrusted him and ate the apple, eating the apple to me is symbol of disobedience.
Then God casted them out of the Garden. Why? Maybe he understood that there’s no point, if they couldn’t trust him, if they thought that what he wants for them is bad, even though he created their bodies and the world around them, was a deal breaker to him. It’s not like humans are innocent kids, they knew what was happening around them, your parents can’t lock you in a room or take your phone from you right now, even if they think what you are doing is wrong.

So probably he decided that they should learn for themselves, that life without him isn’t better. That without his help they are alone, confused, self-destructing. Some learned I think, some didn’t, and after all, they all were sinning, justifying their actions and still hurting each other. For God it was unacceptable, for perfect being like him, sin is something entirely different than to us, we all sin, so sin is nothing, who cares if you insulted someone a year ago, maybe somebody got hurt a bit, but who cares, time to move on. But to God, who sees it all, sin is absolute, he sees everything that sin causes, all of it’s depravity, how it affects every person and you. Instead of repenting, people kept on sinning, at this point, the only thing that could bring justice would be to get rid of all humans and God didn’t want to do that.

So I think that’s why God isn’t present with us, he knows we aren’t ready for the relationship, that if he would connect with us once more, he would have to settle our actions, and there was no human whose actions wouldn’t result in death. So he has chosen another path for us. Jesus took our sins for us, now we can once more connect with God, but still, this doesn’t guarantee anything, we still need to repent and acknowledge that we can’t achieve greatness without God, that whatever he will do for us is for our best. If we don’t accept that, Jesus sacrifice won’t do anything for us. So this is what this life is right now, in this world we are making a decision, do we trust God with what will happen to us or not, whether we realise what the decision is really about or what will God do with us is irrelevant, what we need to do is trust him.

That’s how I see it, it was tough question I need to admit, and it probably doesn’t address many points that need to be addressed, but I hope we will slowly unravel meaning of God’s actions, even if a lot of it will remain a mystery.

I haven’t read it yet, but this sounds like what you are asking for, a fairy godmother:

Tish Harrison Warren | God Is A Bad Fairy Godmother

1 Like

Please read my essay on God and Freedom on Acedemia.edu. It might help.

Roger A. Sawtelle

Where?

Then it would seem that we have two choices for Heaven, no evil or no freedom.

My parents didn’t disappear after I disobeyed them the first time.

It doesn’t make sense to me that an all powerful, all knowing and all loving deity would give up after one try, or get frustrated after someone disobeyed him just once. How is it that humans are able to put up with so much more from the people they love than God is?

2 Likes

Although I suspect your addressee is unlikely to slog through the interview sufficiently far to find usefulness in it, there’s no doubt in my mind that your assessment of what he’s asking for is correct, and that’s just going to disappoint him more. After all, what use is a God who doesn’t do easy fixes, eh?

One would think, if ignorance is bliss, your addressee would be among the most blissful in this world.

That said, there’s a great line in the interview, e.g. "… you’re gonna make such a great pastor’s wife”. And now I’m interested in what a Southern-Baptist-Texan-Girl-turned-American-Anglican-Priest has to say in her book “about Compline”.

1 Like

No, there’s only the one.

Your christianlike character shows here.Im not hating you but you are clearly on the naughty christian side.Its people like you Terry sadly that drive people away from the church.I though christians were supposed to be compasionate.Sadly even here it shows that this religion is full of hypocrites

Nor did God. Which is shown in God’s presence throughout the whole Old and New Testament.

He understood that he can’t teach us telling us once and once again about us being wrong and to trust him as we would just reject him over and over again, he decided to take different path, so we can see ourselves that we aren’t any more free or happy without God. The same message was in the post above:

What do you mean? Didn’t God sacrificed his Son for us? Didn’t he guide Israel for centuries? Didn’t he try once and once again to come to terms with us? It’s just there’s a point when your kid is big enough that you can’t just lock him in his room and keep telling him to trust you, just like in the story of prodigal son, sometimes the only way to learn is to see consequences yourself. Should God keep us shut in the Garden against our wish and hope we will repent?

He didnt even try a second time .Comon .He just outed us

Indeed, Human decision was clear, he knew already that he won’t teach us anything by keeping us there. Normal parent may have doubts, maybe if I try doing one method few more times it will work? But God was wiser than that, he knew that it’s fruitless.
Even thought he “outed us” he didn’t leave us alone. He gave us unlimited amount of tries to repent, just the teaching wasn’t in the garden anymore.

Didnt adam and ve trpented? Im pretty sure they did.Yet he didnt let them back

If they repented they did it after they were cast out, when God asked them about what they did they tried to justify themselves instead of admitting their fault. I’m unsure though if they repented at all and it’s tough to absolutely say that they repented as I don’t think Adam and Eve are supposed to show two people but at least group of them.

The story is allegorical but i think you get the point. He didnt give them second chance .

I understand the point. I still stand by my point that he gave them second chance though. It’s just that forgiving someone by itself, without them understanding their fault doesn’t change anything, and it doesn’t seem they acknowledged their fault.