Purpose, Evolution, and Self-Replication

Natural selection cannot be good or evil.
It is just true.

Ecology is not the bridge between good evolution and evil evolution.
It is just the study of the selection pressures on competing biological systems.
There is no good or bad about it. What’s important is the efficacy of the scientific perspective, the truth of it.
What do we learn by looking at the world biologically and ecologically?

Now let’s talk about human beings, another story entirely. The brain increased rapidly over the last 3-4 million years due to natural selection as men got better at murdering other men and taking their things. Under intense selection pressure for bigger brains to store and process more and more information only the smartest men survived and prospered.

I really can’t understand why you can’t see that.

Richard, welcome.

What convinces you that science knows the truth about natural selection and what is the truth?

Humans can learn how to avoid extinction

You said that natural selection is not good or bad, but here you say that it made people smarter so they are more effective in murdering others and stealing from them… That may be true, but it sounds evil to me.

What am I supposed to see? That natural selection has created an evil elite of exploiters, or that there is nothing we can do to change the way nature works, so we need to embrace it? .

Ecology is the bridge between understanding evolution rightly as a boon to everyone, and understanding it falsely as the means by way the selfish exploit others. The choice is ours…

Roger, you wrote:

“You said that natural selection is not good or bad, but here you say that it made people smarter so they
are more effective in murdering others and stealing from them… That may be true, but it sounds evil to me.”

“What am I supposed to see? That natural selection has created an evil elite of exploiters, or that there is nothing we can do to change the way nature works, so we need to embrace it?”

Look at your incorrect assumptions, Roger.

I correctly identify the problem with Men and you blame natural selection for Man’s evil.
Once man attained the knowledge of good and evil (self-consciousness) he could choose for himself.
Men CHOOSE to be evil. If evil men are successful in their evil, they will survive and reproduce.
The cognitive imperative since the fall of Adam and Eve is to choose the good in the face of evil. Evil is your choice and my choice. Neither God nor natural selection can be blamed for our choices.
I don’t embrace natural selection. I recognize it and I recognize how man chooses to behave. I blame us for that, don’t you Roger? Don’t you take responsibility for your own bad behavior, Roger? Or would you rather blame a natural process for your evil?

I accept responsibility for my own behavior. I do not take responsibility for the bad behavior of Adam and Eve. Nor do I take responsibility for the choices of God, if God gave us a big brain, which “survival of the fittest” used to kill and rob others and God has not given humans a way to escape this evolutionary trap that God created.