Pro-truth alliance?

Abortion (IMHO) is still an Absolute Truth as a sub-category of the “…thou shall not murder”. However, it is treated as a Relative Truth as I mentioned above in my post.

The point of the arguments you are asking me about is that they fall under drawing the lines over “where an when” an abortion is Socially and Civilly allowed. None of these arguments that you have presented as obstacles to my statement does anything to change the very statement of the Resolution you showed: [quote=“benkirk, post:20, topic:36462”]
Therefore, be it RESOLVED, that this Convention express the belief that society has a responsibility to affirm through the laws of the state a high view of the sanctity of human life, including fetal life, in order to protect those who cannot protect themselves; and
[/quote]
Bolded Mine

That very statement shows the “value” implicit in the Absolute Value of human life. Perhaps my arguments don’t satisfy your wider knowledge than mine concerning the biological, but as you said, where is the line drawn? The criteria of the Ancients as “First Breath” is obviously Relative to their time’s knowledge. Today we “know” that a baby can be born back until some time (when?) and still be viable with assistance. At any time before that does it make the baby (or fetus or whatever) less human?

This is like the discussion on Marriage.

[quote"Matthew 19:7-9 "]
“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses order a man to give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?” 8 Jesus answered, “It was because of your hardness of heart that Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but it was not this way from the beginning. 9 Now I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman, commits adultery.”…[/quote]

Likewise the whole marriage issue has gone around and around in the Church until today. There are accommodations that are made. That there are accommodations does not rule the Truth to be any less Absolute.

Our Sins are forgiven for violating an absolute truth. Our social sins may not be and in either case consequences always occur! That’;s the penalty of violating an Absolute Truth…

Ray :sunglass:

Guys, I think this is getting a little outside our comfort zone for this forum, unless we eventually have an ethics section, so I am closing the topic. Not that these are not important issues we struggle with in life, but because it falls outside our purpose.