Podcast Episode: Mari Clements | Relationship as Revelation

Here is part two of the TheoPsych episodes.

In this week’s podcast episode, Jim Stump is joined by clinical psychologist, Mari Clements to talk about how psychology can provide some tools to help ensure the health of our relationships with those we’re closest to.

1 Like

Downloading it right now.

1 Like

There is one thing that overlaps with psychology and theology and this podcast. When does the act of confession and forgiveness from God overlap? I don’t know how to really word my thoughts with my question.

The Bible says confess your sins so that you may be healed referring to sharing your mess ups with your church. Let’s say you did something terrible. You confessed was forgiven and then years later you feel it gnawing at you again. You feel overwhelmed with anger and shame again. Maybe it was something that was major or maybe it was just a big deal to you where you backstabbed a friend or spouse. If you feel it eating away at you again should you bring it back up with others if you feel by hiding it you’ll undermine your faith or is it just wasted time spent dwelling on something already forgotten and forgiven? Hopefully that made more sense.