Pentecostals and evolutionary creationism

I don’t think he’s so sweet. Other people do this kind of thing also when they say, “It’s all in your head.”

2 Likes

Since I mentioned Amos Yong here just above, here is a video of him talking on disabilities that seems like a well balanced approach to various Scriptures and the hand of God: Dr. Amos Yong "Toward a Redemptive Kingdom Perspective" - YouTube.

2 Likes

Professor, It is a shame that Regent University Divinity School lost this man of God. God bless you, Brother Matthew. If we never meet on the present earth, may we meet in heaven. You are truly a good man of God.

1 Like

I’m a born and raised Roman Catholic but now I attend a Pentecostal Church which I love, but I realize it is not acceptable to be a theistic evolutionary creationist. So I stay silent on my beliefs accept to affirm, 'God made the heavens and the earth!". Thank you for your post.

5 Likes

I’m very much of the view that the church needs both more of the Spirit and more intellectual rigour. Where’s that “Why not both?” meme when you need it? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

@Moira, you are most welcome , I sincerely understand how frustrating it can be , I have heard preaching about the " evils" of Evolutionary theory , I cringed as I sat through a child singing " my grandpa ain’t no monkey" .
And bit my tongue in response to " dinosaur fossils are manufactured by atheists" …" and fossils are created by the devil"…2 different churches

I was lucky in finding a pastor willing to hear me out and reserve judgment ,after much discussion , he accepted that it is possible …I settled for that as a " win" …

YOU ARE NOT ALONE .

One love (agape) , God bless you sister .

“They” do? All Pentecostals? I assure you that this is not the case.

2 Likes

This will be and already is changing.

3 Likes

I hope so , last I looked it was about 15-20% of Pentecostals accepted evolution in some form …
Much less among ministers.i admit , I haven’t checked the stats in a while .

1 Like

It’s still not the status quo and the silent minority is staying silent, at best to maintain unity and at worst because of fear of disenfranchisement, but at some the highest levels of Pentecostal theologians, I think it’s there.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and encouragement,
I think it has to change because it is the truth.
And i think anti evolutionists are making unnecessary problems for their children,

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply and encouragement.
i like the idea that we should study the book of god’s Word (the bible) and the book of his Works (the natural world–science);

Best wishes.

1 Like

I agree …
“Romans 1:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:”…

… understood by the things that are made …that has always stuck with me

1 Like

@pevaquark

Dear Brother in Christ,

I have read that there are two kinds of Progressive Creation: Progressive Creation without Common Descent and Progressive Creation with Common Descent. What is the different between Progressive Creation with Common Descent and Evolutionary Creation? It sounds like the same apple pie to me.

God bless you, Professor.

I’ll have to pass the baton off to this other thread and response:

1 Like

I don’t disagree with that at all.

I assume you are aware of Darwin’s affinity to pigeons, but just in case you aren’t aware:

“Believing that it is always best to study some special group, I have, after deliberation, taken up domestic pigeons.”–Charles Darwin, “Origin of Species”

Darwin spends an entire chapter describing how species have changed under domestication, and pigeons are one of the species he focuses on:

2 Likes

Yes indeed , when one considers that nearly all domestic pigeons are from roc doves(pigeon)…
From the Jacobins,to the Chinese owl , the carrier to the runt …
The trait selection involved in developing all the various breeds is awe inspiring.

Here is a video of some of the more common fancy breeds …

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.